Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

notes on Replacement ignition switches, 98-02...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• notes on Replacement ignition switches, 98-02...

1. EMGO lock cylinders cannot be switched with OEM ones to keep the same key. this sucks.

2. Emgo lock cylinders must be removed with the key in or they spontaneously disassemble. Yes, this sucks, 40mins resetting the lock tumbler/slides. this sucks.

3. Emgo ignition switches works fine, but seem clunky, and the quality seems sub par. this sucks.

4. Zuki used a LOT of red locktite on the security T40 screws. sucurity torx + loctite = this sucks:/

thats it.. figgered I'd share my evening of suck

i also have an ad up wanting an OEM 98-02 ignition switch... no key is fine, imma switch my lock cylinder in
    Last edited by JayBell; 05-10-2011, 10:59 PM.

See My Garage for mods...
    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

I think he's trying to tell us something, I just can't put my finger on it though...

Hey Jay, this sucks to hear. Hope you find a new cylinder soon, the weather is too nice.
    sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
    2004 Katana 600 - Gone
    2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Did you look to see if you could swap the wafers from one cylinder to the other?
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
        Did you look to see if you could swap the wafers from one cylinder to the other?
        yes, and no ya cant, since the cylinder barrel is wrong for the other lock setup.

See My Garage for mods...
        T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
        Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
          4. Zuki used a LOT of red locktite on the security T40 screws. sucurity torx + loctite = this sucks:/
          Dude, words can't describe how much suck there truly is on those screws...what I had to do to get mine off is probably illegal in some countries.
          03 600rr - SOLD
          06 RVT RC51 - Totaled by a deer
          99 Katana 600 - Daily Driver
          03 SV650s - Newest addiction

Comment

Now that he has covered what sucks about the locks we can expect the sequal "what blows" for the exhaust system mods :d
            I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

Thanks for the info. Was looking to do the same with my 00 Kat, now I know to avoid EMGO.

Comment

Working...
              X