X

New rider in Michigan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rider in Michigan

Hi, my name is Josh, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a new rider ( technically not even that yet) I'm taking my safety course next month and will be getting my endorsement shortly after as long as I pass. I just bought a 2006 Katana 600 from a guy who has a new kid and decided he needed to sell it.

I got it for $1500 and it only has 5600 miles so I think I got a pretty good deal and I read a lot of recommendations on the katana being a good beginners bike.

That being said it does need a carb/jet clean and sync, which I will most likely take it to a local shop for, I have some pretty good mechanical skills but carbs are new to me and I'd rather leave it to professionals to get it right, until I know more.

anyway just wanted to say hi!

Welcome aboard, Fresh Meat! This place is the main hub for information about the Kats!
    Scuffin' the pucks!

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders. Let the wrenching begin.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
        Shops seem to always F up carbs, most only know fuel injection anymore. It would be worth your while to PM arsenic and see if he will rebuild yours. He cleans/rebuilds/resells kat carbs for a living. He might agree to do your set for you. Worst case he says no. His prices are on par with whatever your local shop will charge (or even way cheaper, some memebers have said they paid over $700) but his results are unquestionable. Seriously, no one on the forum speaks ill of his work (many of his sarcasm, but that's different).
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              2002 750 Kat
              2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
              1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
              2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome from Michigan. There are plenty of good shops in Metro Detroit that work on bikes of all ages. Can't think of any down-river, but North of you I know many.
                  '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys. The bike is currently sitting over at macomb powersports. My options were kind of limited since I can't ride the bike yet and they do pick ups. Picked up a scorpion illuminati helmet and alpinestar celer gloves from revzilla, helmet seems good so far. Gloves are a decent fit, but the fingers are a little longer then I would like. Soaked em and they shrunk a bit, so not bad.

I'm chopping at the bit to get to this safety course so I can start riding.

Comment

Working...
                    X