X

smoked out headlight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoked out headlight

I have a 600k5 and wondering has anyone used that "film" that smokes out the headlight, if so could you post a picture and how badly does it prohibit the light getting through?? thinking about getting one cuz i think it would look awesome but dont wanna have my already sucky lights become even worse. thanks in advance.

would never even think about it

Comment

as opinions are always welcome i would like some sort of logical explanation for your conclusions. thank you suzukisportrider2004 but do you have any experience with these??? thats what im looking for here.

Comment

if your talk about headlight/taillight tint that comes in a can yes , just never on a bike. That being said alot of crashes are becuase people dont see you, thats why way back when (70s something i think) they made all motorcycles always have a headlight on. this is also why i ride with my highs on most of the time. I you want to make it hard to see you because it makes you look cooler then so be it. while i also think it looks cool i would never do it

Comment

well as it says in the post its a "film" like a 3m that lays over the headlight, and i know that ppl dont see us and i ride with my highs on also, i was just seeing if this considerably prohibits the light getting out, yes i realize it is gonna prohibit somewhat just wondering how much, yes it looks cool but no im not gonna use it if it blocks a considerable amount of light out. i may be a newbie on the forum but not to bikes. but thank you once again. but looking for someone with experience with the 3m style film over the headlight.

Comment

i have never seen the 3m stuff is it like window tint?

Comment

This is the el cheapo stuff, there are a few people selling it with better pictures, but this gives you the basic idea.

For the record, I was thinking about doing it, but decided not to, someone here mentioned that the newer kats, I think 03+ have black plastic inside the headlight housing that makes it look a little sharper when parked, that's probably the best way to do what you're thinking of.

Comment

katgirl had the yellow on her kat, it looks very cool and from I remember she didnt have much of an issue with diminished light while riding.

Comment

that not tint its tiny mesh

Comment

If you're going to just use tint, just go buy a 10x18 piece from an aftermarket accessory shop and give it a shot. Tell us what it ends up looking like. it'll take you an hour tops to take the fairings off, tint it and let us know if the lights suck.

Comment

I wouldn't suggest the tint. The whole purpose of tint is to dimish the light. I would try something like what katgirl has. No, I've never used either on a bike. I'm just going with experience from putting tint on cars. I can't remember the website right off hand, but there is a place that has the mesh in several colors.
                      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                      -Terence

Comment

cool

Where can you buy that mesh? I'd like to give it a try
                        Because an angy man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable man is seldom angry.

Comment

can get the spray tint at most auto shops, wouldn't recommend it on headlights though.

Comment

Anything that reduces visibility just isn't a good idea IMO, regardless of how cool it looks.

Whatever thrills ya' - it's your bike, but personally I'd never consider it.
                            ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
                            Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

Originally posted by POP944
                              Anything that reduces visibility just isn't a good idea IMO, regardless of how cool it looks.

Whatever thrills ya' - it's your bike, but personally I'd never consider it.
                              +1

I did put in the silverstar bulbs in last weekend and It made SUCH a difference as far as brightness went, I'd recommend that mod and ONLY that mod on the headlights.

I do lots of nighttime, country riding and they light up mailbox reflectors and streetsigns further ahead than even my car headlights do.

Comment

Working...
                              X