No announcement yet.
X

Smoke taillight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just baught a 03 tail section and the clear alternatives integrated turn signals tail light with a smoked lense. wanted the front corners to match.

Comment

Yup real brains.......didnt say i wanted to make it pitch black, i really didnt wanna smoke the red either cause it makes em black, i just like the look of CA smoked lenses and wondered if anyone made em. Smoked not black. and yes maybe even the CA smoked lense reduces light output a little but so do short stalk signals, and there are other things people do to bikes that I may not like but im not going into there threads calling them brains or idiots. So :flipping: lol

Jay

P.S. no offense taken zuki and the fingers are a joke. Dont get all mad
      2000 Kat 600 only mod is the D&D that came with it more to come soon though. Crash virginity lost 11/25/05....the rebuildin comes next HAHA

Comment

if you use a sheet of taillight film used for cars, keep it wet and use a heat gun the heat will shape the tint to the light and keep smoothing
        JANGALIZZLE

Comment

some ppl rnt so nice... use like 1 coat of the spray and 1 coat of gloss.

Comment

i did mine with the spray...
            1: wet sand
            2: 3 coats of tint (1 or 2 looks good too i have a black tail so i wanted to go dark)
            3: 1 coat of clear
            4: after a few weeks i wet sanded again and buffed with a good swirl remover, it looks like a part of the tail when the bike is off and still bright enough to see when i hit the breaks
            2004 gsx600f Katana (yoshi pipe, 180 back tire...Matte white!!)
            2004 Ford Explorer
            2008 Seadoo Rxp 215 (underdrive, pipe, ride plate, chip 100mph on the water)
            2000 honda 70 cc

Comment

Originally posted by cdukes View Post
              i did mine with the spray...
              1: wet sand
              2: 3 coats of tint (1 or 2 looks good too i have a black tail so i wanted to go dark)
              3: 1 coat of clear
              4: after a few weeks i wet sanded again and buffed with a good swirl remover, it looks like a part of the tail when the bike is off and still bright enough to see when i hit the breaks

Pics of the black tail? i have black bike and want to do it too.

Comment

I'll will post Em when I get home
                2004 Ford Explorer
                2000 honda 70 cc

Comment

Originally posted by SSMtC05 View Post
                  I was wondering if there was anywhere that sold a smoked tail light for the 98-02 years. I know CA only makes the clear one. But is there anyone the makes an overlay for it? Now thining i doubt it cause of the curve it would be impossible. Or is my only option to buy some of the spray tint and do it that way?

Jay
                  I smoked my tail light i left a strip i didnt just want it all smoke, i added a LED brake light to the bottom smoking the tail light dims it out alot, you can pick up tint in a can at any custome car and or bike shop for about 20$
                  Attached Files

Comment

2004 Ford Explorer
                    2000 honda 70 cc

Comment

Originally posted by cdukes View Post
                      dude it looks like you have a roll of toilet paper on the back:tracy

Comment

haha it was the only thing that still showed off the sweet fender elimanator lol (sp) i know
                        2004 Ford Explorer
                        2000 honda 70 cc

Comment

Working...
                        X