X

Fairing Kit.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairing Kit.

Just took the risk in ordering a Chinese fairing kit. Cross your fingers for me?

Also going to post my old fairings for sale when i get the new ones.

Last edited by Nofear6677; 04-16-2012, 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I would keep your stock ones for when these get trashed or in case ur not happy with them . I have heard bad things about the quality. Hopefully urs looks and fit well. Post before and after pics as well as any issues with them
    ----USMC combat vet----
    07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

What was wrong with your OEM fairings?
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Just expect them to be cheap and not fit exactly right without modifications.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Well my left side fairing was completely trashed.
          The bike was laid down before I got it, and only caused minor cosmetic damage, however, I was headed home one night and off blew my fairing. Just came right off. Tore it all to hell and back.

And the reason I'm going to the Chinese instead of OEM is because I'm a highschool student making minimum wage. The overall cost to get the bike to looking good was a WHOLE lot cheaper to go aftermarket than buying OEM and having it painted the custom color of the bike (look at pics, its purple) or getting the whole bike painted.

Comment

Originally posted by Nofear6677 View Post
            Well my left side fairing was completely trashed.
            The bike was laid down before I got it, and only caused minor cosmetic damage, however, I was headed home one night and off blew my fairing. Just came right off. Tore it all to hell and back.

And the reason I'm going to the Chinese instead of OEM is because I'm a highschool student making minimum wage. The overall cost to get the bike to looking good was a WHOLE lot cheaper to go aftermarket than buying OEM and having it painted the custom color of the bike (look at pics, its purple) or getting the whole bike painted.
            Not criticizing.

Just expect them to be very thin, and expect they will not mount up perfectly without modifications. You get what you pay for.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I know, and I don't mind doing a little work for them. But there's just no way I could afford OEM. I only paid 1400 for the bike, and 900 of that was trade on my realllly crappy old bike.

Comment

I just bought a used side fairing for $90.00 A little TLC and some fresh paint does nice. If it was wrecked you might want to check your tail frame for being bent, as mine was! Nice Purchase though!
                wrecked em hell, damn near killed em.

Comment

where did you purchase your fairings?

Comment

Originally posted by bfredrichs View Post
                    where did you purchase your fairings?
                    Ebay. And there are no kits for Pre kats, IE 1997 and older. Only 1998 and newer.

Comment

I was gonna order a set of those as well (Red Bull), but instead, I just chose to repaint all white (color is White White) and I just got them back yesterday. I will post a pic ASAP once it's all put back together.

-Joe.
                      2001 White White...Carbon Fiber Mirrors.
                      Yosh RS3 Exhaust...Blue/Black Extendable Cluth/Brake Levers...Blue 6pc. LED Underbodies.
                      Blacked Out Windscreen...Spiked Bar Ends.

Comment

i got a set from china(crap). they break very easy. dont torq down bolts too tight or well nuts will break from body. like the tail light mounts and key lock

Comment

Since mine is a 92 I'd have to find someone selling the fairings?

Comment

Originally posted by bfredrichs View Post
                            Since mine is a 92 I'd have to find someone selling the fairings?
                            Or fix the ones you have.

Comment

fixing them isn't all that hard. i just finished one of mine today.

97 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                              X