X

Anyone ever use Dupli-color

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever use Dupli-color

Gonna paint my rims, been doing some research and heard a lot of good things about this product. Seems like everyones had success with it and also pretty fail proof. What do you guys think?

Never tried their wheel or caliper paint but I have always had really good luck with their paint for body work. Pretty much fail proof like you say...

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
      Never tried their wheel or caliper paint but I have always had really good luck with their paint for body work. Pretty much fail proof like you say...

Check into getting the wheeles PowderCoated because it will last longer and stand up to the test of time.

Comment

x2 on what dre said.

It may cost a little more, but its WORTH it if you want the color to stay.

Comment

If you use dupli-color stick with everything dupli-color like colors primers and clears.If you mix different brand names they wont work together...
          2006 GSX600F
          www.tsbr.us
          www.weather.com
          www.lets-ride.com

Comment

Honestly, powder coating is waaaaay more expensive. Everything i have read and seen says that the paint holds up really well. Its specially designed to stand up to the heat and friction that occurs on the rims, and depending on how much clear you put on well do well with chips and whatnot. Honestly i'd rather repaint my rims once every off season with 15 bucks worth of paint then have to pay 10 times that for a powder coat.

Comment

Originally posted by DreKat View Post

Check into getting the wheeles PowderCoated because it will last longer and stand up to the test of time.
              +1 on the powder coating. It's quite cheap too. $35/rim here with sandblasting.
              Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

I was quoted at 75$ per rim by two different places. If i could get it at 35 i'd probably do it. But i'm a college student and tight on expendable cash. Need to get a set of tires and a chain/sprocket set more than i need to get the rims powder coated. I think i'm just gonna try out the duplicolor wheel paint and if worse comes to worse and im not pleased i can break down and do the powder coat, id only be out 20 bucks and a couple hours work.

No time for the most important question.....what color?

Comment

I have used the wheel and the caliper paint as long as you do proper prep then it will hold up pretty good
                  1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

I used duplicolor paint to paint my stock S2000 rims, held up great for 2 years, just a couple rock chips
                    2002 GSXF Katana 600- Sold
                    2004 GSXR 600

Comment

The duplicolor wheel paint is pretty tough. It's easy to chip/scratch for several months, but if you can keep it from getting nicked up for a little bit, it will get pretty hard. I used it on my wheels, my fork lowers, and my swingarm.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Prep is the key make sure you scuff up the old paint and make sure there is no grease on the rims before you paint, my neighbor thought it would be a good idea just taping and painting his rims and it lasted a week then he finally took my advise

Comment

i say stick to powder coating...there r alot of rite ups about it
                          -100% JEDI-

Comment

Working...
                          X