X

Top Speed of a 98-06 Kat??????????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Speed of a 98-06 Kat??????????

Hey...........so what is the top speed of a 600 Kat anyways. A friend of mine asked me and I know I will NEVER have it going that fast, so I wanted to see if there was anyone out there who braved it.........And I tried using the search button, but whether I am using it wrong or whatever, it's not giving me anything "top speed" related, just all new or recent posts. Thanks guys and gals!

CHEERS!!

I had mine up to 135 and i knew it could do more. i just didnt want to push it much further.....
    I am a Penn State fanatic.
    Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

220-225 km/h (about 135-140mph), with a few grand to spare on the tach.

Range posted his top speed a long time ago on his 750 in 6th hitting the rev limiter, can't remember how fast it was.
      Kyle

Comment

At that speed, a weather-proof suit is a must for keeping the bike in its pristine soil-free condition, at least it is if Im at the controls. I say I will never have mine up to that speed but only time will tell.

Comment

When I had mine up to 135 I got nailed by an unexpected gust of wind and it pushed me into the other lane. I quickly slowed back down.

i regularly have mine up to 110 or even 120 though. needless to say I am in the market for a GSXR or something a lil more powerful.
          I am a Penn State fanatic.
          Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

bouncing off the rev limiter in 6th on a 750 geared -1 in front, the speedo was past 160.... I'd guess around 165

In all reality, with motorcycle speedo's how they are, I'd guesstimate I was doing around 150mph.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I got mine up to 130 down hill.

Comment

I had my '98 750 at 145/150 on the speedo, completely maxed out with stock sprockets/chain. My buddy on his GSXR was at 155/160 or so and was slowly pulling away.
                I don't think a 600 would keep up with a 750, speedo's lie...

Comment

According to my speedo mines top speed is 132.

Comment

I did 137 on mine once. Now I only hit 110-115 rarely. It's really not much fun going straight. I'm working on corners but here in florida they are hard to come by.

Comment

Speedo said it was 135. GPS said it was 129

Comment

can't answer for the 600, but I buried the speedo on my 1100. It registers 280kph.
                        word of advice.......it is hard on the speedo cable. I have "twisted" 2 of them in half to date. One was only like 6 months old. both broke right in the middle. It happened on my last "run". Got up to about 260kph, then "poof"....the speedo dropped to zero.
                        It is ONE of the reason I refrain from doing those speeds.....I am sick of changing cables. It is a pain on my bike.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

98+'s have a sensor. No cable to screw.

Comment

my 2006 pegged out at 150 when i bought it, but now that i have fixed for low end i dont even see 140mph

Comment

someone told me they had 160 out of one but i asked this question in the shoutbox a while back to verify and most said 130 - 140 id go with top speed of the 600 been 135 personally id love to test it but where i live theres just too many speed cameras,
                              damned english roads!!!
                              i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

Working...
                              X