Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Friends loud pipes versus a strangers loud pipes...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends loud pipes versus a strangers loud pipes...

I rode with a friend last weekend who has a Harley with loud/open
    pipes. I was behind him and realized that I was'nt bothered by the loud pipes. Usually I get annoyed by loud pipes in front of me. Funny how when it was a friend it was'nt annoying. I guess it is a wierd form of tolerance/favoritism. Anyone else have this happen??????

You always seem to cut friends and family a little slack. The stuff still annoys you but your tolerance really grows.
    sigpic

Comment

Yup, but it works in reverse for me. I have a Giannelli pipe and no one complained about how loud it was. However, when I went on tour in Kingston, buddy said my pipe was louder than the D&D pipe on 2FAST's Katana and D&Ds are supposed to be loud.

It's my guess that if you are riding with someone you tolerate them becasue it's a choice. This is not the same as having it imposed upon you, such as when a guy rides by your house with open pipes when you are trying to sleep.
      "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

I dunno, my dad's pipes drive me crazy
        but I guess I put up with it more
        Live and Lean.
        When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
        "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
        Romans 3:23

Comment

My brother and I both have wileco pipes. They're not too loud. The only thing I hate is the out of tune droning they produce when we ride next to each other by a wall.
          sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

when I walk down the street, and the person in front of me is walking slow, I get annoyed...

But when she's hot, I don't mind the slow walking at all.

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
              when I walk down the street, and the person in front of me is walking slow, I get annoyed...

But when she's hot, I don't mind the slow walking at all.
              Too true!
              "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

my brother in law has a cobra on his roadstar warrior,,,its only annoying whe were stopped and he constantly blips the throttle,,what an as55hle ehh..I gotta put up with him though....

Comment

my friend has an '01 R6 with D&D pipes and i get behind it and its not that bad at all, of course until he gives it a little gas to get up off the ground. but my brother has an '04 GS500F with stock exhaust and i can honestly say its more annoying than the D&D, GS500F were made for aftermarket exhausts lol

Comment

Working...
                  X