X

Bout to buy a kat parts bike got questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bout to buy a kat parts bike got questions

I own a 2006 katana gsx600f am looking at a 96 katana gsx600f I know alot of the parts from different year match. My question is what years will match because I want to swap out the transmissions. Will those transmissions match.

Originally posted by Eric42 View Post
    I own a 2006 katana gsx600f am looking at a 96 katana gsx600f I know alot of the parts from different year match. My question is what years will match because I want to swap out the transmissions. Will those transmissions match.
    Go to an online website that offers oem parts. Bikebandit for example. Look up the part on your bike, and get the OEM part number. Then look up the part on the parts bike... compare the OEM part number.

Do they match?

That will usually answer your question.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Just saying - if the parts bike engine is good, just swap engines. It'll be way easier.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

If all the stuff lines up I'd drop in the parts engine too especially if
        the miles aren't outta control.

CheapMark

Comment

Working...
        X