X

CMRA Round 1, 2011

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMRA Round 1, 2011

Round 1 is this coming weekend (June 11 & 12)
    http://roadracing.org/upload/media_e...011_r1_web.pdf (the handout for the weekend).

This year, I get to add another race to my schedule- I'll be riding the two novice races along with the Women's Cup, which is a new addition to the Calgary Motorcycle Roadracing Association.

My teammate, who has been on hiatus for a couple of years, has decided to start racing again this year, so we're going to have some, uhm, 'healthy' competition on the grid in the novice races.

Bike's all painted up with a snazzy new paint job (I'll post up some pics when I get my camera to a computer).

This year felt like it snuck up on me! Can't believe racing starts this weekend! Crazy.
    the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
    [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

:tracy

Comment

Go have fun and give 'em Hell kk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
      sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
      MSF Rider Coach 27028
      MoPowerSports.com
      Torco
      SoCalTrackDays

Comment

This just in from your international media publicist:

Great news! Good luck, keep us all posted. Can't wait to hear how your sophomore year progresses. But most important of all...HAVE FUN!

Jim.

Comment

Good Luck!
          Former Marine 3/97-3/01
          MOS 0161 Semper FI!
          sigpic

Comment

[ATTACH]20578[/ATTACH] - tank
            [ATTACH]20579[/ATTACH] - fender
            [ATTACH]20580[/ATTACH] - seat (awesome craft-foam pad!!)
            [ATTACH]20581[/ATTACH] - main fairing
            [ATTACH]20582[/ATTACH] - front number plate
            [ATTACH]20583[/ATTACH] - belly pan
            [ATTACH]20584[/ATTACH] - tail number plate
            [ATTACH]20585[/ATTACH] - main fairing

she should be put back together tonight for tomorrow's track time (weather pending), I'll snag a pic of her back in one piece!
            the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
            # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Comment

Have fun and goodluck there KK
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Well, holy snot.
                I could have done without this weekend, lemme tell you!

Saturday, my bike didn't get tech'd in time to get out for the first practice session.
                I went out for session two, but my bike kept shutting itself off in corner 6- same thing it was doing in the bus stop at the end of the season last year (that we thought was fixed). So, after only two laps of practice, I come in to the paddock, and my pit crew pull the plastics off and thought they found the problem. So, bike goes back together, I go to go out for the third practice session, and the bike dies before I get into the hot pits. Faaaantastic. She won't start. Awesome.
                So, she gets pushed back to the paddock, where we await my chief mechanic's arrival. He shows up, checks everything possible while down at the track... nothing.
                Load up the bike, head back to his place and at 7pm he fixes the problem. The previous owner cut the supports for the batter box. So, with every jostle, the battery would jump around, pulling one of the leads, and stretching it out from it's connection. It finally just disconnected itself completely. Thankfully, Mechanic Rob had a spare lead! So, he tosses that in, and everything is looking on the up and up.
                Get back down to the track on Sunday. Beautiful day in contrast to the day before. So, rain tires have to get swapped out for my BT003s. Miss session 1 of 2 practices for Sunday.
                Go out for session 2, and everything felt fantastic. Hard to believe that it was my first session at speed all year. Come in, put the warmers on (best. $200 purchase. ever.) and down a bottle of water.

Races.
                Grid of 21 racers.
                Novice 1- got off to a good start.. Was in the top 4 or 5 into corner 1. Nothing too exciting happened. Finished 11th (still to be confirmed). Laptimes were posted, and I'm only 2 seconds off my season best from last year.. so, that's awesome!
                Novice 2 - again, good start... About the same position into corner 1. Had an awesome pass going into the gnarliest corner on the track. I love passing going into the carousel! No times have been posted for this race, but it looks like I have a tentative 9th place in this one.
                Women's Cup- we had to do a restart because one of the girls 12 o'clocked herself, and as she sprawled out on her stomach on the track, the bike came down on her head. Gnaaarly.
                I DNF'd that race, unfortunately. My right rearset fell out in lap 5. Soooo sad.

Anyway, I really, really hope that we got all of the kinks for the season done and out of the way this weekend. So frustrating when things don't come together just perfectly!
                # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Comment

That sucks KK, hopefully you got all the kinks worked out.
                  Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                  MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
                    I DNF'd that race, unfortunately. My right rearset fell out in lap 5. Soooo sad.

Comment

yes, yes indeed.
                      # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Comment

When I put my first bike together, I learned my lesson....I lost 2 horns, a brake lever, and my battery box came loose. Loctite is my friend now.

Comment

Well at least you got out there and had some fun! You'll get em next time!! The good news is your lap time is so close to last year's best in the 1st race, and that without much practice, so that has to have you fired up a bit. As cold as it's been here in Oregon this year I imagine Calgary has been brutal. Here's to wishing you a warm dry track!!
                          My YouTube Videos
                          My motorcyle map!

Comment

one of the only pics i look semi-okay in from the weekend.
                            but click through, Szabo's got a bunch of me from the weekend!
                            # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
                              one of the only pics i look semi-okay in from the weekend.
                              but click through, Szabo's got a bunch of me from the weekend!
                              Nice can!

Comment

Working...
                              X