No announcement yet.
X

Saw a guy crash on a Kat today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ouch man that sucks. Katman if you had more time you couldve stopped and slipped him a kat riders card so he can join up then we can poke at him lol

LMT thats a lil ways from ohio have a safe trip
    a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)
    so i lied and gave up my girl.

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2
      Actually, denim lasts no more than 4 feet @ 50MPH on pavement, kevlar lasts about 18 feet. Motorcycle weight leather, on the other hand lasts about 86 feet.

Source: September 1988 issue of Cycle Magazine

Hope he's ok and the bike is ridable.
      neat info... any word on mesh or textile style pants/jackets?... i'd like to pick up some leathers next season... need to slim down over the next few months to actualy be able to find affordable leathers that fit haha... still realy need some pants and boots :-/

Comment

Originally posted by donalson
        neat info... any word on mesh or textile style pants/jackets?... i'd like to pick up some leathers next season... need to slim down over the next few months to actualy be able to find affordable leathers that fit haha... still realy need some pants and boots :-/
        JR has a new sizing line (for '07) for their leather pants that separate waist from length (so you can get a 40 x 32). Before everyone pretty much sold by waist size and you had to get leather riding pants taken up if you were a regular-length inseam and big waisted (like I've become these days). I went the tailor route and had my local cobbler/leather seamstress take a pair of FAMM perforated leather pants I got on eBay (new) and shorten them to fit. Given the pants were $159 with S&H, and the alterations locally were $75 (way cheap and that place never do 'em that cheap again ), I got a "tailored" solution for $235 effectively. Just remember that pants that don't fit right are very poor because they'll ride up and roll around your skin, indian-burning the skin itself and giving you rash as a pass-through effect in an "off" (still beats road-debris in the wound, but not nearly as nice as minimal damages from a properly "fitted" pair).

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

...i'm a fat guy... 40 doesn't quite do it... then again by spring if i'm good it might...

but they do have some textile's that fit me ... will have to snag some eventualy

Comment

Originally posted by donalson
            ...i'm a fat guy... 40 doesn't quite do it... then again by spring if i'm good it might...

but they do have some textile's that fit me ... will have to snag some eventualy
            It was an example. The FAMM's I got were either 42 or 44 (can't remember off the top of my head). If you need something larger than about a 44, you'll have to search very diligently or have them custom made (never a cheap way to go). Alternatively, you might consider wearing chaps over jeans -- it'll give you a lot more protection than demin and is easier to find in really big sizes.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2
              Actually, denim lasts no more than 4 feet @ 50MPH on pavement, kevlar lasts about 18 feet. Motorcycle weight leather, on the other hand lasts about 86 feet.
              Source: September 1988 issue of Cycle Magazine
              Hope he's ok and the bike is ridable.
              Is good to know.
              Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Working...
              X