X

do these work?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do these work?

I thinking of ordering one for long rides my crusier friend loves his what do you think
    1998 Katana green Wileyco pipe,K&N filter,Pilot powers.

I've never used one personally, but when I'm crusing on the highway I will relax my fingers and control the throttle with the palm of my hand.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

I have heard good things about them.

Comment

For long rides, they're a must if you're not gonna install a throttle lock or cruise-control. I have a 96 mile round trip to work and mine saves my wrist more than i'll ever know.
        You can have my Kat when you pry my cold dead butt from upon it.

Comment

i didn't like it. PM me and you can have mine as i won't use it.

tim

Comment

there is something not right about not having complete control over the speed of the bike instantly...they are nice for long rides, but hard to let go of the control.
            <---Whatever or Whoever u do RIDE it hard--->

Comment

I think its just a matter of getting used to it. If it is installed correctly, you still have total control over your throttle. It just makes it so that you don't have to squeeze on the throttle with your fingers to keep it turned. Once you're used to it you can make throttle changed with the ball of your hand alone. It makes it really nice for resting your wrist and fingers.
              You can have my Kat when you pry my cold dead butt from upon it.

Comment

oh ok i am a lil clearer now... Can u blame me for being weirded out I crashed my KAT due to a stuck throttle
                <---Whatever or Whoever u do RIDE it hard--->

Comment

They work, but not everyone likes them. There's a couple different versions out there...

Alternatives also include cruise controls (VistaCruise, ThrottleMeister), and even specific grips designed to give the hand a better resting position (there was a write-up in one of the US mags in one of the last two issues about a grip designed by an orthopedic surgeon for the task).

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMage
                    there is something not right about not having complete control over the speed of the bike instantly...they are nice for long rides, but hard to let go of the control.
                    If you don't have complete control of the throttle, you're doing something wrong.

IMO, they're a must for long rides. They do take a while to get used to however. Most people I know who don't like them only tried them once and didn't take the time to get it adjusted to their liking.
                    I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

I bought one before the long ride down to the gap this year. Best $15 I've ever spent. The new ones are secured by a velcro strap, and I found I couldn't get it tight enough to stop slipping in the rain.

Great for long highway commutes, but make sure to take it off before you get to the twisty bits. I found mine was a pain in the arse on the dragon

Comment

Yeah , nice for highway , crappy for everything else . Not a bad way to spend $10 .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Cool I be getting one my coride to work is 45 miles strraight.I think it would help when it's really cold more blood getting to the end of your fingers.
                          1998 Katana green Wileyco pipe,K&N filter,Pilot powers.

Comment

Working...
                          X