No announcement yet.
X

Motorcycle Alarm anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well , they DO practically ISSUE you a gun when you move to the south .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by m2736185
      s Im not concerned about anyone stealing it i mean its a Katana...who steals a Katana .
      See Jason get jumped for his Kat last week:

and the follow-up:

Among others...

Originally posted by cannondale
      Once we get the house and settled in, even with this, there is a good chance i will be calling Cyber,, and then i get to listen to wifey complain that im drilling holes in our new garage floor
      If they are building the house for you, let me know and I'll get you a special version that gets set into the concrete at time of pour instead (saves you the trouble of drilling holes and is even more secure).

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Who would install an Alarm on a Motorcycle? Best buy, motorcycle shops, any electronic store?

Thanks
        '01 Black Kat 600

Comment

Originally posted by speed3000gt
          Who would install an Alarm on a Motorcycle? Best buy, motorcycle shops, any electronic store?

Thanks
          Some of the alarm- & stereo-specific vendors in larger urban areas often do motorcycle installations, as do many of the mom-n-pop motorcycle shops. My opinion: Do it yourself. With the better brands (Scorpion comes back to mind), there is an adaptor kit for most bikes to permit you to plug the alarm in without having to butcher any wiring. Maybe SweetLou will chime in here -- Lou, did you use an adaptor kit, or did you cut & crimp it in?

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I bought an Aolin alarm, but have yet to get the money together to install it ... stupid layoffs!
            Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

looked at the scorpio one only make them fro 97 and up. I'm not worried about stealing it as much as kids tipping it over at school, some people are jerks like that.
              Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                Originally posted by speed3000gt

Thanks
                Some of the alarm- & stereo-specific vendors in larger urban areas often do motorcycle installations, as do many of the mom-n-pop motorcycle shops. My opinion: Do it yourself. With the better brands (Scorpion comes back to mind), there is an adaptor kit for most bikes to permit you to plug the alarm in without having to butcher any wiring. Maybe SweetLou will chime in here -- Lou, did you use an adaptor kit, or did you cut & crimp it in?

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                I ordered the adapter kit, but something was screwy with it. I couldn't see how on earth it hooked up, so I took the generic wiring kit, and used that. Even the generic kit is easy to hook up. I meen.... REALLY easy. The problem I faced mayhave had something to do with my 1100 engine, but I really don't think so.

The Scorpio is by far easy to hook up though.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                  [
                  I ordered the adapter kit, but something was screwy with it. I couldn't see how on earth it hooked up, so I took the generic wiring kit, and used that. Even the generic kit is easy to hook up. I meen.... REALLY easy. The problem I faced mayhave had something to do with my 1100 engine, but I really don't think so.

The Scorpio is by far easy to hook up though.

Dont think it was just your bike Lou, When i ordered the Harness kit for my Scorpio, I gave it back to them. It was identical to what came with unit. Even with adapter kit you would still be crimping the wires in. total waste of Twenty dollars.
                  Like you said it was very easy to install. I may re-run the wiring on mine just to hide wires little better. Cant see em unless seat is off, but still annoying.

Roy

Comment

Where did you mount your brain and alarm at? If you lift the seat off, and look in that tray, I put mine there. Mounted the Perimeter sensor on top of the fuse box. Seems to work well.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

The brain, I mounted as far back towards the tail-light that i could. Between the tool kit and tail-light, With the connectors facing up. I know i will have to remove it when i have to change tail-light bulb. But you know how that goes.
                      The Perimeter sensor is mounted in the area where the owners manual sits. I cut notches in the plastic toward the front of this area. The sensor sits forward enough to where when i have owners manual (still in plastic) in pocket, the sensor is not covered at all. Best i can tell, this is the highest , central position on bike. I seroiusly contemplated the fuse box, but was wanting sensor as high as i could get it. Any ideas on which would be better? Higher and little to rear of bike, or lower and more centrally located? :-k Maybe we can compare notes.
                      So far only thing I would like to do is run the antenna a little better. As of now, i just have it hanging down a little below the tail. (directly under lights). Think one of my off season projects.(on top of all the others ) will be to run ant. along bottom side of passenger rear handle. Thinking of getting plastic "carriers" to keep ant from coming in contact with metal on handle. Kinda played around with this on initial install, but did not come up with anything I liked.
                      One downside to my install, Which I knew I was taking a gamble on is the Siren. I'm pretty sure it would carry farther if I did not have it mounted where I do. (between toolkit and light). Its pretty well blocked.
                      Keep in mind, this install was done Inside my living room, so I was cramped on space. I plan on taking the rear tail off and cleaning up the area where you splice into the factory wiring. Looks like crap in there

Let me see, redo alarm,install slip on,install shield,install clear tail, get settled into new house,,,,,, im gonna be slammed

Comment

Originally posted by JJ0712
                        looked at the scorpio one only make them fro 97 and up. I'm not worried about stealing it as much as kids tipping it over at school, some people are jerks like that.
                        a perimeter feature alarm might be a good idea especially then. Obviously it wont stop everyone and it sure can be a pain cuz everytime its in the parking lot somewhere its gonna chirp on and off. But thats a way to go for ya.

Comment

Enough people have said if they want it, they'll get it. However, there's one way to get it back. LoJack. In some areas, (luckily S. FL is one of them) it's available for bikes. Somethng to look into. There was one guy who got his bike back in less than an hour, along with a stolen van and three other bikes. Considering that bikes, Kats included, sell for $30,000 in Brazil, theft is ALWAYS something to keep in mind. The price is fair as well. about $1000 for lifetime. Something to check into.
                          "Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"

Comment

Working...
                          X