Exhaust removable HELP!! GSX600F

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust removable HELP!! GSX600F

hi guys..

Basicly I'm trying to remove the downpipes off my 1995 GSX600F as I need to swap the oil sump and at the moment I can't get to the bolts.. The exhaust is at a funny angle anyway so I need to investigate what's going on. I've soaked the header bolts in WD40 and left them for two days.. Tried shock and unlock .. Hit them with a nylon hammer and a metal rod.. Tried heating them up and spraying wd40 on before it cools down( apart from a lot of smoke I've heard it's meant to help suck the wd40 in. ....)

I've ran out of ideas and the bolts feel like they're going to round off at any minute so I'm trying to avoid using excessive pressure. Has anyone got any ideas that I havnt mentioned or suggestions on how I can remove it without losing the bolt heads.

Need as much help as possible as I've never done this before., unfort my Haynes manual doesn't cover rusted on bolts.

Have you tried running the bike up to operating temp, then attempting to remove the bolts?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Is it feasible to make a tool to use with impact driver? I got a drawer full of tools I made for odd ball situations. good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X