X

Hand signals...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by willthrun View Post
    so i did some research on your head tap signal... I found these hand signals that may help some other riders out there as well... Enjoy
    rofl

Comment

Those first vids were amazing im definitly gonna have to incorporate some of those into my daily driving not too sure about the sitting backwards on the bike part though lol. a hand signal i use is two fingers tapping front of the helmet signalling that person needs a smoke break

Comment

Most used in my arsenal:
        OMFG Cop!
        Just go, the cop saw you!
        "Push it hard and to the edge... Push your limits and push your luck... Then take it to the next level and push it harder..."
        -Taylor Paul Quimby

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
          If you give the "rubber side down" wave.... I usually use one or two fingers pointing down....... and the oncoming rider doesn't respond..... it usually "signals" several things
          a) I'm too cool riding my Fartley to acknowledge a sport-bike rider
          b) This is my first ride and I'm too scared sh*tless to take one hand off the bar and I just took out a second mortgage to buy this Fartley
          c) They think I'm telling them to "F*off and go to h*ll"....refer back to "a"
          d) I don't know what that means.... I'm still trying to figure out what a tap on top of your helmet means
          e) all of the above
          f) some of the above
          g) only one of the above

Feel free to add to the list.

"about to wave back until - oh sheet! car! clutch! brake!" followed by brief stop to remove seat, pants, and boxers from rectum...
          "Push it hard and to the edge... Push your limits and push your luck... Then take it to the next level and push it harder..."
          -Taylor Paul Quimby

Comment

Originally posted by jamesm113 View Post
            Was out riding yesterday and a couple oncoming riders tapped the top of their helmets with their hands.

Didn't realize what it meant... When I got home I realized it meant cops (there were a lot out that day).

Are they any other signals I should know about? I mostly commute so I don't get to see many signals other than the occasional wave
            That was the second signal I learned when I started riding. The first of course being "hello" "what's up" "keep your wheels toward the ground" . . . whatever you want to call it, the two fingers pointing down when you pass.

I signal to every rider I see when riding, except perhaps scooters. I did see a scooter that looked like a sports bike when I was driving by it. I signaled to him and we was so excited he started waving so hard and excitedly he almost lost control of his scooter.
            All the world's a stage,
            And all the men and women merely players;
            They have their exits and their entrances,
            And one man in his time plays many parts,
            His acts being seven ages.

Comment

Working...
            X