X

Grips

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grips

I am looking to get some new grips for a 2006 Kat.

The ones currently on the bike are old and need replaced soon. I am really looking to get something that will also reduce some of the vibration i feel as well.

Any suggestion on what to get and where to get them.

Something as small as grips, head down to the local shop and lay hands on them. Don't spend a whole lot, as they will all wear out. Different sized hands, different gloves will all play a role.

Go handle some in the shop, see what you think you'll like, and try them. Most should be selling for less than $20, even at full retail. If you don't like them, take them off and try something else.

I have ProGrip 714 on my KLR and really like them for that bike.

I've run the ProGrip 717 and the 719 on the Kat, but they seemed to wear quickly for my liking, but they were fairly comfortable when new.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I went back to the OEM grips and have been really glad I did. They're a dual-compound rubber so when they're new they do a really good job of soaking up vibes but don't have that squishy feel you get with gel grips.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I have the OEM grips also, and couldn't be happier.

Comment

i like my oem grips. more than adequate.............
          im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

I like ProGrips.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I have a set of ProGrip 619s that I have been happy with.

Comment

I have oem and like them

Comment

Working...
                X