X

Hello, new to forum, new to bikes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, new to forum, new to bikes

Just registered after seeing a good looking katana on sportbikes.net. I dont have a bike yet. My plan is to do the MSF and then decide how i feel about buyng a bike.

Ive got 3 different bikes in mind right now and hopefully someone could give some opinionson which would best for a weekend rider with a few runs to the track.

My first choice is an Sv650 from the 03+ year. However Insurance and my ability to find one used will make the decision.

Next is a newer katana 600 or 750(the 98 or so+ body style) or whenever they started the round headlights.

Last would be a mid 90s ZX6, but that might be a bad beginner bike

Welcome to the forum!!! Good luck with your MSF. Since I've started riding that class has been the smartest move I've made.

I imagine you'll get all sorts of feedback on your bike choices. Which ever you choose, ride smart and be safe......KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN
    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

depends on how you intend to ride.

all bikes are pretty good choices...have you actually sat on those bikes?

Comment

welcome

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

MSF IS A GREAT START.
          WELCOME
          In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth.
          www.myspace.com/adamerogers

Comment

Welcome to KR from east texas. i learned alot that i didnt know in the class. great starter tool

Comment

Originally posted by Range
              depends on how you intend to ride.

all bikes are pretty good choices...have you actually sat on those bikes?
              Nope, im afraid ill get ancious(sp?) and buy one of them before i take MSF and decide if i enjoy riding or not. Although i really doubt that i wouldnt enjoy riding because i generally loving anything with an engine(unless its fwd). But who knows, crazier things have happened

Also thinking about a hyosung naked/ full faired 650, but im gonna do a thorough check of the local dealer and find out about parts availability and if they have a shop to do work/offer a high quality DIY manual.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders ZQ8Dude.
                The Kat is a great bike, but if you are thinking of doing some track days I would recomend the SV over the Kat myself.
                Not on your list but a great all around bike would also be the GS500.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred
                  Welcome to KatRiders ZQ8Dude.
                  The Kat is a great bike, but if you are thinking of doing some track days I would recomend the SV over the Kat myself.
                  Not on your list but a great all around bike would also be the GS500.
                  I took a look at the GS500, but there are a few things that bother me. first was the styling and that i would have to find a GS500F. which is what 99-2000+ ?? Then they dont have a seat cowl available. I cant stand the banana seat look.

Comment

Welcome aboard ZQ8Dude, definitely a Kat, if your under 200lbs go for the 600, if you're over go for the 750.
                    Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

stay away from the Hyosang....Chinese knock-offs

the SV or the Kat would be great bikes...they are about the same on power...Kat is better for long rides...SV is more nimble.

Do yourself a favour...go and actually sit on as many bikes as you can (dealers don't mind).
                      I sat on the SV and HATED it...but loved the Kat.

Comment

Working...
                      X