X

Old Kat New Tricks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Kat New Tricks

Hello, I was happy to find that there is a forum for these, less popular, machines. I am on my 2nd '88 GSX bought with very low miles! The first was fantastic, not a single mechanical issue (other that those that arose from me laying it down, and most of that was cosmetic), the 2nd looked better than I was! The first problem was that the steering had a wicked shimmy when you let go of the handle bars, there wasn't a problem while holding the bars. Then one day it stopped running, short story long, I rebuilt the carbs but never got the bike back together, so it's been sitting for six years and I now want to put it back on the road. I am looking for any and all suggestions about what I need to make I road worthy after all this time!

Manual is available for download in the wiki. It will have maintenance schedules and how to's. Probably needs forks rebuild, brakes flushed, all bearings greased, carbs rebuilt ( and/or swapped for '89-'97 carbs) , oil change, and valve adjustment.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KR!
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Hi, welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome!!
          My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Welcome to kr

Comment

Welcome, I'm building an 88' from the frame up-minus the 88' oddities, more modern wiring and ignition (97), 97 carbs and airbox, may be the front forks to a 90-97. I am keeping the wheels, so the 88' brakes will stay, 96 swing arm.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

hows that comin by the way junker? You seemed to be knocking it out pretty quick. Dont you have a thread for it? Any updated pics? the only one i remember seeing was the poor neglected frame in the back of a truck.
                My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                2007 GSXR 750

Comment

This one http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=134329 it is now off the lift, sitting all pretty....lol
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran
                  If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to KR and good luck with your Bike!
                      Bill
                      1989 Katana 600 Blue on Black
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X