New KatRider from Tampa FL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New KatRider from Tampa FL

What's up everyone!

I'm a new rider and as of yesterday I am the proud owner of a 93 Suzuki Katana 1100.

I'm a big dude, really big, hence the name. My size had a big role to play in deciding which bike to go with. After doing a lot of research I found katanas to be more heavy rider friendly. This is my first bike so some may say the 1100 was too big but I have had no problems with riding and enjoying it. I do however completely respect the fact that it is a powerful machine and I am definetly taking it slow.

I may get dome pictures up later but she isn't a looker right now. I got a cheap deal because she needs some carb work done and a new paint job.

Lookin forward to getting to know everyone, later!

Welcome.
    If you're such a big dude, I'd recommend getting the rear shock rebuilt/sprung so it's weight appropriate, and getting weight appropriate springs up front. It'll make the bike handle much better. The rear shock being 20+ years old will likely need a rebuild anyways.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
        Welcome.
        If you're such a big dude, I'd recommend getting the rear shock rebuilt/sprung so it's weight appropriate, and getting weight appropriate springs up front. It'll make the bike handle much better. The rear shock being 20+ years old will likely need a rebuild anyways.

Thanks for the advice, dude. I'll definetly add that to the list of things to do!

Comment

Welcome to KR!
          sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
          1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
          First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
          Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

welcome...i may be living in ocala area soon..if so maybe we can meet up

Comment

Originally posted by 5point0guy View Post
              welcome...i may be living in ocala area soon..if so maybe we can meet up
              awesome. hopefully the bike will be presentable by then

Comment

Congrats on the 1100. Check the links below to see the mods I've made to mine.
                Post some before pics. We love us some pics around here and a rebuild/restore thread is always fun.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Welcome to KR. Have fun and be safe.

Comment

Welcome to another 1100 newby. Have fun lots of help in the forum

Comment

Welcome to KR! Wish I had an 1100...

Comment

Working...
                      X