X

Hi, new rider from SE UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, new rider from SE UK

Hi all, been lurking for couple of weeks since I got my 92 kat, she's my first bike I only passed my test a week ago

Love the site and have already used a lot of the info here. I got the kat as a none runner, i googled the symptoms and found carbs 101 and the coil relay mod, a day later she was running but very rough, the vibrations would make my hands numb
    Another quick search turned up the glass jar sync tool, ive just finished syncing the kat an hour ago and she's purring

Went for a ride and she pulls so nicely and the insane vibrations are completely gone so would like to say a massive thanks to the posters of that info, couldn't have fixed the kat without ya

Anyone here from Kent?

Welcome!
    FYI, the coil relay mod should only be used as a temp fix - you would be well served to find where you're actually experiencing the voltage drop(s) and addressing the issue(s) before they cause other problems. Congrats on getting the bike running though!
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome aboard from another UKer

Comment

Thanks shpielers
        As soon as the summer is over I'll get the soldering iron out and go over the connections, thanks for the advice

Hi Taybiker, thanks for the welcome, where abouts in the UK are ya?

Comment

Welcome!
          sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
          1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
          First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
          Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Hi Ricky, I'm away up in Scotland, near Dundee

Comment

Welcome to Katriders

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Man if I can't find someone with carb sticks soon, I'll be doing the glass jar method as well, welcome to KR.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat600noob View Post
                    Man if I can't find someone with carb sticks soon, I'll be doing the glass jar method as well, welcome to KR.
                    Glass jar method is perfect and so cheap to do, I used plastic beaker type storage tubs cos the lids are airtight and easy to drill. The tube is just 4.7 mm screen wash tube, fits nicely on the carb sync ports
                    I used spare oil from the wife's car as the liquid, 10w40 seems to do the trick
                    So for £3 I have a perfectly functioning sync tool, definetly worth a go mate

Comment

Working...
                    X