No announcement yet.
X

Close call with a nail today... Whew !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear you won the battle tire vs. valve stem. where do you take your bike to get work done at Matt? i need to find a good realiable mechanic for doing inspections and maybe minor carb work. right now i take it to wernsdorffors past red lion. he seems to be reasonable but maybe your guy is better. i don't want the oh well i charge $50 per hour and it took 500 hours when it only really took 3!!

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80
      cyber what about a tube rim with a tubless tire that has a tube in it? my roommates '79 suzuki gs750 is set up that way when he bought it. should he make sure he gets tubeless tires and run tubes, or go with how it is now? he said something like the bead on his rims are different than that of a tubless rim.
      I'd say contact the tire manufacturer for their "official" opinion on that particular tire with that particular set-up. As far as I am aware, it is a recipe for disaster in the long run for a variety of reasons, including differences in the inner surfaces of the tires (abraiding the innertube) and differences in the way the pressure is exerted against the tire's threads/belts.

There is a big advantage in tubed tires in terms of nail holes -- you can pull out the nail and replace the innertube without replacing the tire... but there are down-sides as well in terms of what can be done with the belts and how thick the tire needs to be to protect the inner-tube from the heat of any metal belts.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver
        Glad to hear you won the battle tire vs. valve stem. where do you take your bike to get work done at Matt? i need to find a good realiable mechanic for doing inspections and maybe minor carb work. right now i take it to wernsdorffors past red lion. he seems to be reasonable but maybe your guy is better. i don't want the oh well i charge $50 per hour and it took 500 hours when it only really took 3!!
        I'll get you his phone number and give you directions to his shop. He's an excellent mechanic, and has very reasonable labor rates. He wont screw you over. He's the only one that I'll take my bike to anymore if I need something done that I cant do on my own.

Comment

Working...
        X