X

Do you let friends ride your Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meanstrk
    Trusted friends that I have riden with ONLY. No one else qualifies.
    Amen Brother!!

I really get irritated when non riders ask to ride my bike.
    It's not that I don't trust them, but they don't realise how easy it is to drop or lay down a bike, and I don't want them discovering on my bike.

Comment

If its a friend and they have a motorcycle license and I know they would pay for any damages occured then yes.
      -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
        My bike is like my girlfriend. I don't let my friends ride either.
        Even if I let you watch?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainAmerica
          Originally posted by meanstrk
          Trusted friends that I have riden with ONLY. No one else qualifies.
          Amen Brother!!

I really get irritated when non riders ask to ride my bike.
          It's not that I don't trust them, but they don't realise how easy it is to drop or lay down a bike, and I don't want them discovering on my bike.
          Its amazing too, how many people come up to you and say, "Hey cool bike can I sit on it" ... uhhh, NO !!

Comment

Originally posted by taz
            If its a friend and they have a motorcycle license and I know they would pay for any damages occured then yes.
            You break it , you're fixing it .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

there is only one person in the world that can walk up to me and ask to ride my bike that will get a "ok" for an answer....and that is my brother. and the only reason I will say "ok" is because 3 years ago he asked me to hang around his place to await deliver of his brand spankin new Formula III ski-doo......which I took out riding....which I flipped and rolled at least 6 times.....and did $900 damage on....which I promply paid to repair. I delivered it to my brother with 45 miles on it and a busted up cab and a bent ski.
              So I can not say no to him.

As for anyone else.....I am more flexible than I was say a year ago. If you have a bike that I am curious to try...and you want to try mine....I will make the switch if the mutual trust is there.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by _Sky_
                Originally posted by SweetLou
                Originally posted by _Sky_
                Same here .. I will gladly lend my bike to a friend that I know is responsable enough to know that's it's not their own and act accordingly
                Can I ride your bike???

If I can ride yours

Hmmmm........ I suppose........ But you gota be careful with a 1st gear launch, or else she will want to 12'oclock on you!

And Bama, No. You can not ride my bike. As a matter of fact, you can NEVER ride my bike
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

I go by a rule, if I know they can write me a check on the spot to my cost of the bike, they can ride it. That is usually very few.

I have a friend I ride with all the time who has a Intruder 800. We switch bikes all the time. We both have the understanding that if we wreck the others bike, we own it until it is fixed or replaced.
                  RichC4
                  2000 Katana 600
                  Quote from my buddy who bought a 2005 Ducati after riding my Kat "I don't get it, why is your bike more fun"

Comment

OK I'm ready for the burning!

Funny this topic should come up.
                    Yesterday, four of us did an ocean side run allong the South Shore of the province to Peggy's Cove.

Anyway, we decided it would be fun to change up bikes.
                    I rode an 05 Raven R1.
                    An 03 Gixxer 1K.
                    And an 02 VFR800

I'm afraid that even though I thought that my beloved '02 750 Kat was all that I'd ever want, I was wrong.

So as of this morning, I'm shopping for a something to replace her.

I'm not going to beat her up by describing all that it isn't because it deserves better. The fact is the bike works and handles better than it did when I got it.

Maybe after a few days pass, I'll change my mind, but I don't think so.

BTW . We're all pretty tight and have known each other for twenty years. We ride together all the time and are very familiar with each others abilitys. In fact, all but one of us have had track time.
                    "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Originally posted by BobKat2002
                      I'm afraid that even though I thought that my beloved '02 750 Kat was all that I'd ever want, I was wrong.

REPEAT AFTER ME:
                      Thou shall not covet thy friends' bikes.
                      Thou shall not covet thy friends' torque curves.
                      Thou sahll not covet thy friends' wheelbases.

If it was enough bike when you rode alone, it's enough bike when you don't. Everything after that is strictly perception... And it does take a week or two to get back that "it's all I need/want - it brings me joy - feeling" after riding something with 50+% output.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i have only let my brother in law ride my Kat, of course I was on his VFR Interceptor at the same time. pretty nice trade off

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

I've traded off a couple times - once for a quick jaunt aboard an '04 Gix1K, and the other for an '05 Gix750. Both guys I know very well, and they're very competent riders, so I wasn't too worried.
                          FrankenKat 1216
                          GS Fiter 816
                          GSXR750! (race)

Comment

In moments of stupitiy I have. But they have to have had a bike as nice as mine so if they were to have wrecked mine I'd have theirs.Now only family members ride mine while I'm on theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                              Originally posted by BobKat2002

REPEAT AFTER ME:
                              Thou shall not covet thy friends' bikes.
                              Thou shall not covet thy friends' torque curves.
                              Thou sahll not covet thy friends' wheelbases.

If it was enough bike when you rode alone, it's enough bike when you don't. Everything after that is strictly perception... And it does take a week or two to get back that "it's all I need/want - it brings me joy - feeling" after riding something with 50+% output.

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              We've all had these moments of insanity bob, dont give in bro

Seriously though, I'd definately give a couple weeks to see if after that it's still what you want, the last thing you wanna do is trade in a perfectly good bike while you're still on the high of something different. After alittle time then go for it if you feel the urge is still strongly there. Just my .02

Comment

My brother and my friend Randi have ridden it. My brother laid it down (stopped at a light, lost his balance) 6 days after I bought it. I was on vacation and did not find out until after I got home. He is still replacing parts.

I still have yet to ride any other bike besides my own and a friend's dirtbike.
                                -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                                X