X

I need more speed.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need more speed.

I just got a 2000 katana 600. I was riding my buddy's gixer and cbr 600's before hand. I think I got spoiled. Is the Katana considered a sport bike? Is there anything I can do to get more speed?
    I'm here to find out how to make my Katana look nasty.

Many things you can do.....However, it's never going to be gixer or a cbr...

Comment

Katana is considered a "budget sport touring" bike. It's not as lightweight, nor as powerful, nor as new-tech, as other stuff on the showroom floor.

Here are some other very recent threads on changes you can make to your bike, some of which involve adding speed:

Comment

all this talk of speed makes me wonder how many of you guys are going to have some serious spills this summer. I am going to start taking notes to see who suddenly stops posting this summer.....and wondering if they are dead or not.

seriously....I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade or anything, but excessive speed is one of the biggest killers of new riders, next to being taken out by a cager not payiing attention. and it isn't limited to new riders....veterans with over confidence as well. I will admit that I have the speed bug as well, but like to think I have it under control (I know...we all like to think that).

my point is that the kat is plenty fast enough for the street....and fast enough to kill you in a hurry. so if you want more, then that means you are a speed freak.....so be careful about it. last summer this site went through a period with ALOT of riders going down.....and it would be cool to see less of that this year.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dub
          Many things you can do.....However, it's never going to be gixer or a cbr...

The Kat does what its designed to do, and does it very well. It's not going to be a Gixxer, CBR, YZF or a Ninja...but what it will do is gives you years of comfortable, fun, and spirited riding. You can mod it out with full exhaust, jet kit, ignition advancer, smaller sprocket in the front, etc. That will add alot to it, but remember its a different style of bike than those just listed.

Comment

It took me about 10 days after riding an R1 before I was happy to crawl on the Kat again in terms of performance... But the R1 hurt me too (bad on my wrists over the pavement expansion joints, etc).

What I really need is a 190 HP super-touring bike to get to work. I need to be able to get on it, vroomp, and I'm there already... Oh, yeah, I work in my den 99% of the time. Never-mind...

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

well said mojoe.

Comment

jet fuel, or strap a rocket to your back.

Comment

Speed kills

Nitrous, turbo, bigger motor, lose some weight, Paint it bright red and stick graphics on it. Point it down hill tail wind, tuck all your bits in and lie on the tank.

Just be responsible and wear all your saftey gear, it sucks to hear of people getting hurt or worse, especially fellow riders.

Enjoy.
                  1996 Suzuki gsx-f 750 fighter
                  1988 Yamaha tzr 250 with tt350 fourstroke fitted
                  2004 Schwinn stingray with 80cc twostroke fitted

Comment

Beans man.... eat lots of beans
                    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                    - Albert Einstein

Comment

MOJOE WROTE I am going to start taking notes to see who suddenly stops posting this summer.....and wondering if they are dead or not.

I'm wondering about jason5. He hasn't posted in a while. Hope he is ok.

Comment

I wonder if he needs more "speed" or more the thrill of acceleration.
                        Kyle

Comment

I needed more speed, and got it

Cyber, get a busa, get a touring windscreen, some risers for the bars, and the hard luggage... then you wil have your hyper cruiser
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                            Cyber, get a busa, get a touring windscreen, some risers for the bars, and the hard luggage... then you wil have your hyper cruiser
                            Kawasaki is saying they will get a shaftie touring-spec version of the ZX14 in within the next 18 months or so as the GTR1400. I've got my eye on it...

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                              It took me about 10 days after riding an R1 before I was happy to crawl on the Kat again in terms of performance... But the R1 hurt me too (bad on my wrists over the pavement expansion joints, etc).

What I really need is a 190 HP super-touring bike to get to work. I need to be able to get on it, vroomp, and I'm there already... Oh, yeah, I work in my den 99% of the time. Never-mind...

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet

Although Im sure how well it would work getting from your garage to den, might be alittle tough cornering through the hallways

Comment

Working...
                              X