X

Rear tire smoke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnout advice

Hold the throttle wide open till your engine starts to miss- valve bounce hold in the clutch select first or second forget the front brake then dump the clutch. Do it in front of heaps of girls. Real cool.

Really!! learn to hold in the front brake and use the throttle at the same time. That’s all there is to it. A progression once you have mastered the burnout is a nice doughnut or a smiley face. Next is the feet up rolling burnout. Growing old is inevitable growing up is not.
    1996 Suzuki gsx-f 750 fighter
    1988 Yamaha tzr 250 with tt350 fourstroke fitted
    2004 Schwinn stingray with 80cc twostroke fitted

Comment

there is nothing to doing a regular burnout. what i'd like to learn is the rolling burnout, or the one where you sit still but your feet are on on the pegs and you use the gyro effect of the spinning rear to stay upright. i'd be afraid of the tire grabbing and having the bike wheelie out from under me.
      I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Originally posted by skasner
        there is nothing to doing a regular burnout. what i'd like to learn is the rolling burnout, or the one where you sit still but your feet are on on the pegs and you use the gyro effect of the spinning rear to stay upright. i'd be afraid of the tire grabbing and having the bike wheelie out from under me.
        Feather (slowly release) the front brake when you are ready to start rolling. I stop the burnout by pulling the clutch in. Rolling off the throttle without pulling in the clutch will sometime allow the rear wheel to catch and that's no fun.
        Race On The Track ... Never On The Street

Comment

Re: Rear tire smoke

Originally posted by fasteddie
          David, by the way, thanks man for being a good sport about me using your picture to get my question answered.
          David?
          Live and Lean.
          When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
          "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
          Romans 3:23

Comment

push it up against the garage door!

Comment

It can become a very expensive habbit to start.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank
                You can do about 10 of them and then its time for a new rear tire.
                I can't resist when I'm stopped next to a school bus.

If you think you are losing control pull in the clutch.

Best to try with cold tires. DON'T TRY IT WITH HOT TIRES unless you like the footpegs banging the back of your legs.
                Frank....if you can get 10 smokers out of a tire, then you are not doing them right....lol

seriously...if I even start one, I can't stop until there is a huge cloud drifting away....and by then, the tire is toast. that is why I wait until the tire is pretty much done anyway. except the last time at McD's.....I could have gotten 2 more months out of it
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Am I missing something? Does the smell of burning rubber make you high or something?

What is the obsession with burnouts?

No, really. I'm curious.

Maybe I should start a poll......

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dub
                    push it up against the garage door!
                    Isn't that the same advice you gave to Sexwax about dealing with Californian hookers?!

Strange.

Comment

I don't think I'd ever be afraid of a kat wheelieing out from under me! I could never do better than maybe a foot off the ground in 1st, no matter how hard I was on it!

Rolling burnouts are certainly possible on a kat. Much like a regular burnout, but requires you to keep close tabs on your front brakes, along with your throttle and clutch, all at the same time. Just get going in first just enough to be well balanced, then pull the clutch, rev it up a bit, and let the clutch out slowly, and roll on the throttle, while keeping enough pressure on the front brake to keep you from gaining speed. Be careful what road surface you do this on, though. I nearly dumped my bike a couple times by trying this on roads that were tar-covered, and let my front wheel lock up before the rear would break loose.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Re: Burnout advice

Originally posted by debaser
                        Hold the throttle wide open till your engine starts to miss- valve bounce hold in the clutch select first or second forget the front brake then dump the clutch. Do it in front of heaps of girls. Real cool.

Really!! learn to hold in the front brake and use the throttle at the same time. That’s all there is to it. A progression once you have mastered the burnout is a nice doughnut or a smiley face. Next is the feet up rolling burnout. Growing old is inevitable growing up is not.
                        That indeed is the key to the entire process. You must practice it little by little and make sure you have full control of what you are doing because if you let go of that front break even alittle bit, she's gonna go and take you with her.

Comment

i think the 'gyro effect' is a myth. on another forum ages ago i asked about a bike on a dyno with the rear spinning the effects on balance. someone(along the lines of CP) made it clear that the spinning wheel would not hold the bike up at all.

not sure how true it is in a burnout situation but im sure its similar to the dyno example. the source was pretty knowledgeable so....

im sure with a burnout your pretty much doing the balance act. maybe the rear tire slides side to side enough to keep the balance also?
                          03 katanika

Comment

When you're doing it, it will tend to slide alittle if you're not careful. If you want it to start sliding so you can make a design, just keep your balance like you have been, but then start leaning alittle bit and then just follow your feet with the bike being careful not too take too big a step at a time, towards 1 direction and the bike will follow you.

Thats how Ive done it in the past and it worked for me. Im no expert by any means and ive only done it send off an old tire out with a bang

Comment

Pour some beer under the rear tire hold the front brake and roll on the throttle ever so gently then let it fly...If you get real good at it you can finish the rest of the beer while doing the burnout!Send pics please!! The thing to look for is make sure there is no loose gravel under or in the path of the front wheel...Check that when you open that BEER!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X