No announcement yet.
X

I'm a burnout king because...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets see , rev the bike up high and get on the throttle hard when the engine's not up to temp yet so we can warm up the MIDDLE of the REAR TIRE ONLY . Tool .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

The pic above is the last thing that tire ever saw. It was well used after returning from the GAP last year and was removed after the show and replaced. It was the last rights....lol
      Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Yeah Im a supporter with all of the above!! whats that expression think before you leap? yeah I think i leap before woops
        Attached Files
        "No regrets, that's my motto. Well... that and everyone Wang Chung tonight." -Out Cold 2001

Comment

So my tire needs replacing and I want to give it a proper "sending off" and burn it off, but I've never burnt one all the way down. When it pops, does it fly off? Will my rim chew through the tire and dig into the pavement? Curious questions that's all. Don't want any surprises. What COULD happen? What happens most of the time?

Comment

I have seen them make a loud bang, and I have seen them lose air like a silent fart. never seen one damage a rim.....as long as you don't ride on the flat.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Seems like it'd do sumthin crazy like split and fly off the rim or something crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by shefkat2000
                My buddy has a GS500 and does a tiny burn out everytime he starts out on a cold tire. I just shake my head a little. Personally in that aspect I would rather weave a bit and heat up the tire in a quick
                5-10 minute warmup session. Thats just me.
                If I remember correctly, you generate more, and more EVEN heat in the tire simply by running it normally...The forces of braking and working your way harder into the corners as it begins to gather heat, actually brings the temperature up to a more even level through the entire thing. As for as burnouts go, all he's doing is creating a nice big flatspot down the middle, and making the tire greasy and slick. In a nutshell, motorcycle tires aren't the same as a slick like on an open-wheel race car, or even a Nascar machine...seems to me like weaving and burnouts would do very little to provide you with good, sticky rubber....Plus, weaving is a good way to go down if you're on really cold rubber, crappy roads or if a cager makes a stupid move when you're leaned over. Plus, it looks pretty goofy.....

Cyber, any thoughts?
                FrankenKat 1216
                GS Fiter 816
                GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Gah....double post!
                  FrankenKat 1216
                  GS Fiter 816
                  GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Working...
                  X