X

Clear Alternatives Integrated LED taillights Review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Alternatives Integrated LED taillights Review

Ok I jeust got my package of lights from clear alternatives. Here are my initial thoughts. (pics when I get home.)

I open the package thinking crap i am going to have to tear into my rear harness to install this. Well I open the box and guess what.. Not gonna happen. It seems they have changed the wiring on the led board. now instead of having ot wire everything up .. the only thins youhave to "wire up is the turn signals. The main tail/stop light wires have been inserted into a bulb base so that all you ahve to do is remove your bulbs and put the turn signal wires through one side and hook the bulb base up into the socket where the original bulb went. could not be easier. The best part for me is that I have a couple spare turn signal harnesses that I will be able to wire up. I will include pics of the items and pics of the installation when I get home and start on it this week. Need to remember to take my soldering gun home tonight.

More to come.

Cheers!
    Z
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Just make sure you get the bike buttoned back up by the weekend . As of right now the forecast looks almost nice . They made your job a bit easier , so THAT shouldn't be too hard to do !
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

If things go right i will ahve it done by tonight...

my new pants and boots come tomorrow.. sooo i might jsut be up for some riding this weekend.

BUT it is superbowl weekend

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

hey

I'd love to see what it looks like. I have clear alternative ;ights on my Kat to.

Comment

congrats Z !!! cant wait for the pics...now get it together and ride up here to watch the super bowl !!

Comment

Ok i love them.. the integrated lights rock.. the lenses are superb. the integrated turnsignals is a two wire hook up. Very easy. the main wires have been placed in a mini bulb that just goes in where a regular bulb would.. then just hook up the turn signal wires. They do supply a couple resistors to make the signal slow down a bit.. else they go pretty fast. I would have taken pics but uhh i was over zealous and put it all in already ..

Comment

So is this the one you got?

If it is, I'd be very interested in what they look like when in use. Basically ask the guys riding behind you lol. Are the signals/brake lights clearly visible when in use during the day and at night?
              Kyle

Comment

That is awesome, I have heard so many good things about their products and will buy from them.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I've been hesitant about integrated signals. Though they look cool and the LED's are really bright, I feel more comfortable knowing the car behind me sees that signal , big and large on either side of the bike. I guess it's my LA Freeway Phobia kicking in.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have a freeway Fobia of Cali to and I have never been there!! lol
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

So Z where is the pics of the finished job?? I would like to see how it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                        If things go right i will ahve it done by tonight...

my new pants and boots come tomorrow.. sooo i might jsut be up for some riding this weekend.

BUT it is superbowl weekend
                        Where are those pic's, are you out riding and testing your new boots and pants???
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        Who knows what is next?

Comment

Working...
                        X