No announcement yet.
X

Are 600 and 750 forks interchangeable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are 600 and 750 forks interchangeable?

Just wondering...
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

According to my Ron Ayers fiche search, no.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

like steve says, no, i believe the 750 has a larger inner tube than the 600's.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Thanks for the info!
        "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

Comment

Check for yourself to be sure... but I doubt it.
          Here's how:
          -Steve

sigpic
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

They have different assembly numbers. However the differences are in the spring and the oil lock. Dimensionally these parts are the same. I can't tell you if one is softer than the other.. Or is the 750 is heavier and thus a stiffer spring.

Comment

i was thinking something that the inner fork tubes on the 750 were like 43mm (this isn't the right size, just a #) and the 600 like 41 mm or something. That is what I thought was the difference between them.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

No the 750's tube is 41mm and the 600's is also a 41mm. They should work on either triple.

Like peter said the innards may be different alittle, spring rates, etc.........but the outside demensions are the same!
                Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Totally interchangeable!

Totally.........
                  I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                  Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                  Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?

Comment

Parts # 10, 11, 14, 16 and 18 are different.
                    Parts 11 and 10 are related to the oil so therefor damping. #16 and 18 are the spring therefore spring rate or preload. # 14 is the tube, no idea why that is different. Since the lower #2 and all the seals washers and bushings are the same then they are the same diameters. It could be that one is longer than the other.
                    All this amounts to a hill of beans. What bike is heavier? I would use the heavier bikes forks. They would have a stiffer spring and probably damping. A good thing for a Kat.

Comment

BP: both are the same OD and length.............and several times I've found the guts are the same! Factory builders probably did not care.......or had a lot of them interchanged!

Comment

Originally posted by Special K
                        BP: both are the same OD and length.............and several times I've found the guts are the same! Factory builders probably did not care.......or had a lot of them interchanged!
                        Well it won't be the first time the same part has had two numbers.
                        But while the parts look the same it might take really careful inspection to see the differences. (not that I don't trust the Special K mach 1 eyeball!!)

Comment

Comment

Yeah , Ithought the ..... Damn , what's that called ...... upper tree was the only difference .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                            X