No announcement yet.
X

loser tried to steal my 'Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great job! i probably would have done the same thing ( i too study the arts).

however... we must also remind ourselves "is the bike worth losing our life or health over?" think of your kids and your family... in a knife fight, you will ALWAYS GET CUT! period! no matter how much training you've had. it's ironic to note, but one of Bruce Lee's top knife defense students was killed in a knife fight!

so, to my fellow katriders, please think carefully before you act, a lot can go wrong in a matter of a few seconds. if there is one bad guy, you must assume that his buddy is nearby. if the bad guy has a knife, you must assume that he has another weapon (maybe even a gun)!

a home invasion or an occupied burglary is a completely different scenario which encompasses a different set of circumstances so i'm not going to get into that.

in short, here in Florida, if someone simply brandishes a weapon and says (or motions) that they are going to hurt you AND you are in fear for your life and safety, it's called an aggravated assault.

if you FEEL that your life is in danger, you have every right to use deadly force, including shooting the guy (disclaimer: please consult with your local authorities to determine if this law applies in your area).

it appears to me, in this case, that the douche bag committed an ARMED ROBBERY. the fact that his intent on stealing the bike was
    1) foiled by the discovery of the owner (or victim),
    2)he did not run away when discovered, and
    3) threatened to harm the victim with the knife,
    this incident should qualify as a bona fide armed robbery.

check with the detective that is handling your case! an armed robbery equals jail or prison time!

can you get sued, sure... you can get sued for spitting on a sidewalk; however, i applaud you for restraining yourself (especially in the presence of witnesses which is good for you) and not aimlessly bashing his head in after he has been incapacited. incapacitating a subject until he is no longer a threat and detaining him until the authorities arrive was the proper course of action.

i'm confident your martial arts training contributed to your discipline and restraint. can you please share the name of the school (or system) that you study?

p.s. sorry for the long post, but this is an important topic...
    One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

just comes down to what would chuck norris do? ahahhahahahahah

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

OMG Chuck Norris would've just looked at that guy and his gaze would have bored a hole in the guy's skull and left him dead on the spot.
        ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
        Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

Just think, if you didnt have a Kat with that anti-hotwire thing in the wiring, you wouldnt have a bike right now.

Comment

Ronin...I've studied Kyokushinkai and Moo-Duk-Duk-Kwan to Black belt level, and dabbled in several other schools. I feel like my ground skills are OK, at least I feel like i can hold my own against the average brawler. and, as an aside, I have studied for personal development and to stay in shape, not so i can be a bad a$$ . I don't even tell people that i hang out with that i have trained unless it comes up and i can't avoid it w/o lying. There is so much negativity associated with it. I have had a great time and have met and trained with alot of really cool people (some relatively famous, most not) and my training has been a huge positive influence in my life, but it's not a badge i wear or a flag i fly...know what i mean?

Comment

And that Chuck Norris stuff is hilarious!

Comment

awesome! you have exhibited the traits of a true warrior and not a typical street thug
                One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

Originally posted by Special K
                  What's really sad about the dumbass is that you cannot successfully hot wire a 98+ Kat. The factory has wired into the ignition a tiny capacitor that kills the ignition after less than a minute if the bike is run without a key.................unlike the old Kats.
                  Hey, wait a minuite. Ignition cut out? Cool! Do all Suzuki's have that feature, say, my 98 Bandit 1200?

If they do, we should tout it to our insurance companys- a theft-deterent system.
                  "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Way to go......... thieving son-of-b*&^%$%. Now for some good advice! CONSULT with an attorney for your protection! It will be money well spent plus piece of mind for you. Keep on the DA to ensure as best as possible that this case doesnt get plea bargained away! You also might think about pre-empting a strike and sue the arse for damages and for the injuries he inflicted on you! But wait until after the criminal portion. Again, good job!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Way to go on kicking some arse!!!!

But you all have it wrong, Cbuck Norris is OLD news....

Now had it Been Vin Diesel..

And I quote...

If one attempts to calculate the awesomeness factor of Vin Diesel, cubed by the awesomeness of a badger divided by the awesomeness of ninja-pirates, one has the basis for the weapon that destroys the universe.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                      X