X

Rain-X Anti Fog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain-X Anti Fog

Bought a bottle of this stuff at my local Walmart last week-end. Applied it to the inside of my clear face shields per the directions.
    Man, This stuff works! I tried to make it fog up by coughing inside my lids, and it really means "anti-fog".

It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

I use the regular rain x on the truck and that stuff works great. I might have to try this anti-fog stuff on my shields.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Just don't use the regular rain-x on plastic, it'll make it shatter like safety glass. Ask me how I know....

Comment

Originally posted by opelguy
        Just don't use the regular rain-x on plastic, it'll make it shatter like safety glass. Ask me how I know....
        Inquiry minds want to know

BTW...those are some good look saddle bags on your Kat. You said evil-bay, is there a story to the bags? Did ya get 'em for a budget price?

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by opelguy
          I agree we want to know and if you have pics we want to see...isn't the visor plastic??..Oh wait this topic is the Rain-X Anti-Fog not regular Rain X...ok my bad ...please continue...
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

old bike

Had a beautiful Memphis Shades windshield on my old XS1100 with sidecar and loaned it to a friend for a trip. The night before the trip he washed and waxed the rig, then applied Rain-x to the (brand new, less than 1 week old) windshield. In the morning when he came ou to the bike there were just the mounts sticking up and a pile of plastic shards all over the floor of the Garage.

You wouldn't believe the price I got on those bags. They are JC Whitney ones, a model they no longer sell and designed to be used as trunks, and some guy in Nebraska must have got ahold of a bunch because he was selling them on e-bay. I won one, after watching a couple auctions, for $15, plus $15 for shipping. I asked if he had more at that price, and he did, and we agreed on 2 more at that price and an additional $15 for shipping, so total of $75 for all 3 bags. I went on vacation to come back to only one bag being delivered. After a few weeks of e-mails I finally got him to send the additional ones, and in the mean time my SW-Motec bracketry from Twisted Throttle finally got here. Unfortunatly the one I got, while using Givi-style mounts, had the mounts spaced all wrong to snap onto my brackets. Pretty bummed, I figured I'd be selling the bags again myself as not real useful until the two additional bags showed up, different (bigger) than the one I already had and spaced correctly to just snap right onto the Givi mounts. They are 55L I think, and the trunk is 45L, so a ton of room. I already had the little trunk on the bike, I think it works better for daily putt-putting with the bags off, but if I decide to go on a long trip I can load for bear even without using the trailer.

Comment

i have tried that rain-x antifog and it has not worked worth a squat for me.... It will work for a little bit, but after an hour of riding, i am fogging again. also, by the next day, I have to apply it again....

I heard that this stuff is the Kats meow... I am going to give it a try: http://www.motosolutions.com/index2.html
              I love my Kat!!
              2000 burgandy 750

Comment

I rode in to work in heavy fog this morning. I had to stop and apply some of that to both the inside and outside of my shield to see where I was going. it does work.

Comment

Too much heavy breathing.....
                  "If you believe everything you read - better not read."

Comment

Im on my way to walmart

Comment

I do have to report, after further use, you do need to re-apply it ever-so-often to get the maximum benefit.
                      Be sure to clean the shield well before any subsequent re-applications to prevent hazing.

Comment

Working...
                      X