X

can't get the goo under decals off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't get the goo under decals off

Hey guys, I've read all the threads about removing decals and still can't accomplish my mission. I'm ready to patch up a scrape in the side of my bike, except I can't get off the adhesive left behind by the decals. I think the hair dryer might have made it stick on even harder... I've tried goo gone, acetone, a hair dryer, rubbing, scraping, everything. What should I do?

if you sand it, it will come.

got mine off with some elbow grease
    Originally posted by Slofuze:
    Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

Scotch-Brite™ Molding Adhesive and Stripe Removal Disc

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'm gettin ready to sand mine... I think the sun bleaches the plastic around it and sanding it blends it or something because mine is smooth but darker where the decals were.
        95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
        Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
        ---
        I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

I've been slowly taking my "goo" off. I took my decals off a week ago and have been using Goo-Gone and elbow grease. It hasn't been doing the best job, but I also haven't had a whole lot of time to do it yet.

Comment

Yeah, goo gone has not been doing the trick for me. Worked my *** off just to get the slightest bit off. I just resorted to sanding the part that I repaint and the new decal will cover up the goo from the old one, or so I figure. Hope the suzuki dealership is right in saying that I can get the factory decals...

Vaughn

Comment

I own a vinyl sign company and face removing "goo" all the time. Just go to your local supplier for sign companies and ask what they sell for a removal agent, the stuff they sell out performs Goo Gone 50-1

I use a product called "Orange Peel" and it simply kicks arse!
              sigpic

Comment

I just did this to my plastics goo gone didnt work for balls brake cleaner didnt even work well but when I picked up some goof off it worked awsome, put some goof off on a rag lightly wipe it on and let it sit for 15 seconds and start rubbing with the same rag comes right off but make sure you clean it off with soapy water afterwards
                Do you know why Santa is so jolly.... Because he knows where all the naughty girls live..

Comment

we jus soaked mine with wd-40 until they were saturated. took about 20 minutes, but then, they just peeled right off. try that..
                  << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
                  KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

wd 40 works great
                    "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

I used something coarse when I did mine, I would heat up the goo with a hairdryer, then use a paper towl to "loosen it up". It had a bunch of white dots in it from the paper towl so it was easier to see, then used WD40 and a clean rag and it SLOWLY came off. Took about 2 hours for me.
                      2002 GSXF Katana 600- Sold
                      2004 GSXR 600

Comment

Another question: How do I find a similar paint to the original, so I don't have to repaint my whole bike? Is there a number for the paint that I can look up?

Vaughn

Comment

http://www.colorrite.com/ if its oem paint thise should work but it may be visible if your regular paint is faded
                          Do you know why Santa is so jolly.... Because he knows where all the naughty girls live..

Comment

Justin, I already tried that. It seems as though they don't have paint for the 93 600... Any other suggestions?

Comment

Do any of these methods effect the paint? I would like to remove the stickers but not have to do any painting.
                              Always take the scenic route

Comment

Working...
                              X