No announcement yet.
X

89 GSX1100 Refresh...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing I don't like is it looks like harley orange/black. It it was more red I would definitely dig it more.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

its not orange....its 1996 dodge viper red. the pics make it look more orange then what it really is. was the same when i took the pics of my samurai after it was painted.
      bippity-boppity- BACON

"Chatbox slayer..."

Comment

well ok then!
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Looks Great!

Comment

looks good BUT!! it looks like a Honda to me. Sorry!

Comment

ok time for an update. tomorrow ill be painting the front fender and fixing my idiot maneuver on the upper fairing. hopefully i can get the lower fairing wetsanded and buffed as well.

In the mean time here is some other stuff.

I had to pull the front wheel to remove the front fender so i taped it off and painted the center black and the ceters of the rotors red. tried polishing out the lips but you can only do so much when they are pitted.

i then tapped off and painted the bottoms of the forks in VHT wrinkle finish black

had to put the front on for a quick snapshot. still got to come back off to mount the fender...

got bored and was playin with my buffer on the drill and the swingarm...

before

after

bippity-boppity- BACON

"Chatbox slayer..."

Comment

Awesome job...all those little touches like on the rotor hats and polished bits really show that you went the distance. Awesome job!
                In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

more pics...here is the repaired front fairing....much better

here is the front put back together with the painted fender

i also got the hairbrained idea of wrapping my beat up yoshi pipe with some diamond plate...after a trip to lowes i had a piece of 1/16" thick 12" x 24" diamond plate.

I bent it around another old muffler i had...used a channel lock pliers to bend it a bit...then pulled it into place with 5 or 6 hose clamps. it should have been 13" wide and it would have been about perfect cause there is about a 1" gap where the sides meet so i turned that around to where you really cant see it...

bippity-boppity- BACON

"Chatbox slayer..."

Comment

OOOHHH ... that's a good idea with the pipe!
                    "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

i would recommend using the .025 you can get on ebay. the 1/16" was a bit stiff and hard to conform to the pipe
                      bippity-boppity- BACON

"Chatbox slayer..."

Comment

ok so i had a chance to just set the upper fairing on. made a world of difference...

before

after

Last edited by Freebird01; 04-03-2010, 11:07 AM.
                        bippity-boppity- BACON

"Chatbox slayer..."

Comment

Looks 10x better

Wheres the lower fairing at??

Comment

had to reclear that today due to some ugly runs...here is a pic with the plastics on...

bippity-boppity- BACON

"Chatbox slayer..."

Comment

That looks really good!
                              "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Looks great nice job !

Comment

Working...
                                X