X

Rims!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rims!!

heres the after....now i need to sand off the "edge" around the the tire, didnt want to get the stripper on the rubber.

What sand paper would any body recommend?
    "Grip it n rip it"

bigger image please...

I use a disc you attach to a drill and it works wonders. I have the black and decker version of this($7 at walmart):

p.s. there is a red one and a black one, the black one is really tough
    95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
    ---
    I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

couldnt figure out the bigger image thing yet! thats what the link to my garage set it at its actually a bigger pic
      "Grip it n rip it"

Comment

looks perty
        95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
        Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
        ---
        I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

I just did the front rim on my 99. I had to use a wire wheel to get the coating off. Then hit it with 320, 400, 600, 1000 and 2000. Finish it off with some Flitz and it looks like a mirror. It only took a couple of hours on the front wheel and I still have to do the rear.

Comment

looks good!
            It's not considered cheating if it's a motorcycle, right???

2006 Katana 750

Comment

i used steel wool first then used 180 grit paper and now i just use autosol metal polish by hand,got good results on both rims but it did take some time over the winter

Comment

I used paint stripper on both front and back then wire brush for the inside spokes that wouldn't come off with a rag. Finished with 400 then 800 sand and mothers to polish. They look great IMHO
                All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.

Comment

wats a good price for pc?

Comment

Working...
                  X