• will 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 CDI Ignition unit fit gsx750f 1989

hi, i am bidding on 1993 Suzuki Katana 600gsx CDI ignition module
    the seller say it will fit 750 pre kat but i am not so sure
    i placed the bid because the head line was 750 CDI unit
    then i saw it came from 1996 gsx600

will it fit my kat,or be dangerous for her
    Live to ride,
    Ride KATANA!

from what i am aware of the cdi controls the redline / rev limiter on the kats. and i do believe that the 750 and 600 have different redlines.... but i may be mistaken.
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

Yes, but the red line and rev limiter are different. Search around here for which is which (I can't remember).
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

go to ron ayres, or bike bandit and look up each skoot's CDI part number. if they're the same, you're in business.

i believe it's ayres that has the "what else does this fit" function too. just enter the part number and it will tell you what other years, makes, and models use that part
        99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
        1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
        '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
        Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
          from what i am aware of the cdi controls the redline / rev limiter on the kats. and i do believe that the 750 and 600 have different redlines.... but i may be mistaken.
          i read that for the 600 kat the limiter is at 11500RPM,or i am wrong?
          i watched i youtube video with 750 kat that was limited at 13000RPM
          i do not have a tacho meter so i can`t see it myself
          (i am buying a tach also)

and if its just the rev limiter...there is no problem to put 600 cdi unit
          however, the 750 does 106.00 HP (77.4 kW)) @ 10500 RPM there are enough 1k to sgift
          Live to ride,
          Ride KATANA!

Comment

Solution: Don't rev the bike over 10,000 RPMs
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
              Solution: Don't rev the bike over 10,000 RPMs
              it is not a option
              Live to ride,
              Ride KATANA!

Comment

The 600 is limited around 11.5k, with the 750 around 13 or so. I wouldn't recommend the 600 cdi on a pre750. The 750's are really rev-happy, so you'd be screwing yourself out of 1500 prime rpm. They may peak at 10.5k, but they pull strong all the way to redline, so use it!
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I have one from a 96 750, will take $50 shipped for it. if interested pm me for details
                  89 gs500e, k&n air filter, sv650 rear wheel swap, gsxr rear shock, 06 tank and bodywork, sv650 tail swap,

93 kat 750 v&h ssr2 full exhaust, 99 katana front wheel, a 180/55 on stock rim, post controls, heated grips

Comment

Working...
                  X