X

Kat rear reflector

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat rear reflector

Hello this is my 1st thread on kat riders and i just got my kat a week ago so go easy please.... yes this is my 1st bike

Im looking for a rear reflector for a 96 kat. Ok ive searched everywhere and i dnt wana go to the dealer and get ripped off. I was even on ebay and still no go. Mine was missing when i bought the bike and in my state its ilegal to not have one and as im still on my permit i dnt want to take chances of aticket or someone not seein me. Seems like around here there are more motocycle accidents from people not seein us riders.

If I'm correct it is just a rectangular reflector. I'm pretty sure any bicycle store has them and you probably get it really cheap. Just take the measurements of the spot it goes on and glue it down (double stick foam should work from the hardware store).
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Comment

you mean the reflector on the license plate light cover?

Comment

no the reflector not attached to the light at all its just like a regular reflector on a bike i guess i jst wanted to make sure i got the right thing id like oem if at all possible just to keep things matching as much as possible.

Comment

Do what I did. Take one from the side of the bike and stick it on the back.
            Last edited by Kfreak; 05-05-2010, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Any auto parts store should have strips of 3M Reflective Tape (used on semi-trailers and ambulances). Cut to size, remove backing, adhere. Done.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                Any auto parts store should have strips of 3M Reflective Tape (used on semi-trailers and ambulances). Cut to size, remove backing, adhere. Done.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet

Comment

Im not sure about the 96, but my 06 has round reflectors on the side (I assume you mean the ones mounted to the forks) so that wouldnt if the reflectors are different, obviously. If they're the same, I'd say go for it or do somethin like Jax or Cyberpoet suggested... check up good on the law, but if they just require some type of reflector on the back, I'd suggest gettin a piece of the White color 3M Scotchlite. I would thinkg white would get the best visibility. They sell it in short rolls pretty much anywhere like Wal-Mart or Tractor Supply... anywhere... cut to the original reflector's specs and stick it on and you're legal. Anybody see any flaws in that plan?
                  Yes, I am a pirate. Two hundred years too late! - J.B.

Comment

the reflector tape is prolly cheapest and easiest fix you have available .. no need to get overly concerned with keeping it perfectly stock unless that is your intention
                    so many roads so little time

Comment

Working...
                    X