No announcement yet.
X

No Spark (prelim checks)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok finally got a little time to **** around with the bike tonight. I took the good advice and waited for a new battery. I have been out of the mechanics gig for over three years, and have not utilized my skills since, so I am a little rusty.

Alright, so going through the diag sequence in the service manual, I am on the pulse generator coil part. It tells me that there is a red 2 pin connector in the rubber boot on the left hand side. I am not seeing a red 2 pin connector. However, there is a covered tube of three wires, and two go to a 2 pin, and one goes to a single pin (sorry no pics as my phone was dead) The wires come from the right side of the bikes engine cover. Is this what I am looking for?

So the pulse coil generator, according to the service manual, is faulty. Apparently it should have between 135 and 200 Ohms, and it's reading 3.000 Kohms
    Last edited by Rootzee; 04-23-2012, 10:28 PM. Reason: I think I figured it out!

Comment

And FYI it can read good but, still be faulty. We've had it happen. If it looks melted or deformed in anyway, change it out.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
      X