Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Just picked up a new bike some shots. Ideas of what to do with old one?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just picked up a new bike some shots. Ideas of what to do with old one?

Heres my new bike. its a 1996 Katana 600. Has just under ten thousand miles on it and a full yoshi pipe. Runs and drives great. Only things it really needs from what i can tell is break fluids flushed, a new bulb as the low beam doesnt work and the tires arent in great shape. I have my old bike which is a 93 katana 600 i may use to swap the bulb and tires. Heres some pics of my new bike as well as the old one. Let me know what u think as well as any ideas about what to do with the old one. Not sure how much i could sell it for or maybe would be better to turn into a fighter or stunt bike then sell it? The purchase price of the 96 was 1600

Let me know if the pics dont work
    Last edited by davedude44; 05-15-2010, 08:06 AM.

purple is cool

Comment

If you have a clear title for the old one, and it runs... I would expect about $600-800 realisticly final sale price... ask for $1200 so you have some haggle room.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by davedude44 View Post
        Heres my new bike. its a 1996 Katana 600. Has just under ten thousand miles on it and a full yoshi pipe. Runs and drives great. Only things it really needs from what i can tell is break fluids flushed, a new bulb as the low beam doesnt work and the tires arent in great shape. I have my old bike which is a 93 katana 600 i may use to swap the bulb and tires. Heres some pics of my new bike as well as the old one. Let me know what u think as well as any ideas about what to do with the old one. Not sure how much i could sell it for or maybe would be better to turn into a fighter or stunt bike then sell it? The purchase price of the 96 was 1600

Let me know if the pics dont work

Sounds like you got a pretty good price on the new bike. I bought my 96 750 last year in similar condition and paid $1900. New bike looks great. I'd keep the old one and make a fighter out of it, you can never have too many bikes. LOL
        Richard
        96 Suzuki GSX750F
        89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
        05 Yamaha WR450F
        05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Sold the old one for 600 bucks. Was going to sell for 700 and a ps3 but the starter went bad right before the person was coming to check it out and didnt wanna mess with it so posted it up for 700 bucks or best offer as is and sold it within an hour of posting

Comment

Nice. Extra $ in the pocket, did you get the tires swapped out before selling?
            Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Havent been on here in a while but school forces the sale of my bike. All fluids and been changed carbs cleaned back brake pads replaced and new pirelli supercoursa pro tires. Headlight bulb was also replaced. Bikes been my daily driver all summer and would trust it to go to california and back. Just under 13k miles. Hoping to get around 2k for it but will ask 2500 for some bargaining room. Off to school the 16th but home here and there for various things. Let me know if you have any interest.

Comment

Working...
              X