No announcement yet.
X

NEW LEDs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mini LEDs are a lot brighter LED then the standard sized Street FX lights thats for sure,
    I think its so much brighter because there are more LEDS and they dont seem to a as "directional" as the round LED's. These mini LED strilps glow more like NEON tubes would as the light is not directional. Also you can do more with them for more applications where they can be used due to the low profile, super light weight, flexable and adheasive back. anywhere you can stick a piece of tape or dab of silicone you can have lights unlike the bulky heavier pods.
    The aluminum tape helped reflect the glow in the fairings but as you can see out back where there is no tape its still crays bright
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Kudos on using the reflective tape. I'm with ya on wanting to see "glow" not a set of glowing dots. I wonder if there's a way to make a "dual-reflection" system - kinda like how photographers shine their light inside a white umbrella - but with mirrors, or mirrors and then off something gloss white?...

Looks like the LED's in your pod are the flat kind, SMT ("surface mount technology"). I have yet to play with LED's so I'm not exactly expertised, but I believe that the SMT kind are both brighter and have a wider angle in their projection, compared to the "spotlight" effect of regular round led's.
      The meaning of life is that life is meant to be lived

Comment

I want to get some of these and put them in my bike... Blue for me! How are they connected to the battery? just hard wired? I have looked into getting a Kit with the remote to turn them on and off.
        FunEMT
        2000 Katana 600

Comment

Great.... Now I want LEDs again... grumble, grumble..
          -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
          X