No announcement yet.
X

Carb air/fuel mix screws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree...to a point. I cant beat down dealership mechanics too hard because I am one. I work at a Honda service center. But you ARE right,dealership guys can be real turds.

That was my same thought. But I checked. What I thought was a clear vac leak had no effect on my issue. So Im going with carb sync and mixture screw adjustment.
    Last edited by etdorsett; 11-09-2011, 08:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Is there a special tool to adjust mixture screw
      ?

Comment

Yes, an angled screw driver contraption is offered so that adjustments can be made while the carbs are on the bike. It works about as well as Communism did. If you do adjustments with the carbs off, you need a flat head screw driver.

Comment

Thank you for the response found tool. Here it is. Pit Posse PP2751 Motorcycle Tool Air Mixture Carburetor Pilot SCRew Adjusting Tool 90 Degree

Comment

So you didn't get the part about that tool not working? Like at all.

Comment

They work if you have a couple hours to adjust screws that you can't verify even moved or how much.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

1993 Katana 750 need help.

Hi I just have an easy question. I'm not the mechanic i'm asking for my bf who is working on my bike. We put new jet needs and tubes in the bike and were running 110 jets stock is 105 and the bike idles great now at about 1100 i think he said but still seems to be getting to much fuel. air mixture screws I think he said were at 1 and 5/8 and he wants it to get less fuel and he's not sure which way to turn in or out? Hope my question is clear?

Comment

Going from 105 to 110 mains is probably why it's running rich (too much fuel), not the AF screw position. Why the change to 110?
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
                  X