X

-1 60 rear?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philwecksr View Post
    FYI when you are done here you are looking at a top speed (indicated) of 92 mph (thats down almost 45mph). That's redline in 6th gear. You're cruising rpms will probably be near 7700 rpm (thats assuming you did cruise at 6000, which is where mine sits I believe, or an increase of 1700 rpms at cruise).

I'm really concerned from your voice in this thread thus far that you are going too far and will end up with a nearly unusable power band. a 28% increase if your gear ratio is MASSIVE. Not saying you don't know what you're doing, but I'm not clear you do either...

Let us know how it works out and good luck. Be really really gentle with that right wrist when you first get out on it.
    lol
    ya went to this site for an idea what the sprocket change would do
    Motorcycle speed and sprocket calculator with bike database for gearing, sprockets, tires and chains of over 1900 bikes. Request yours to be added as well.

and if I can't even do highway speeds w/o redlining i dont really care lol
    im gettin another bike soon so this is just for ****s and giggles

Comment

Originally posted by Action!Jackson View Post
      lol
      ya went to this site for an idea what the sprocket change would do
      Motorcycle speed and sprocket calculator with bike database for gearing, sprockets, tires and chains of over 1900 bikes. Request yours to be added as well.

and if I can't even do highway speeds w/o redlining i dont really care lol
      im gettin another bike soon so this is just for ****s and giggles
      Fair enough, just saying. As far as taking apart the chain you have you can probably just grind the heads off the rivet of the links you don't need. But, now I'm not sure what I'm talking about so...
      None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
      -Robert Morrison

"
      well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

o no, i know what your saying. Haven't done that before but doesn't look to difficult,bought a decent rivet/cut kit for it.
        lol
        I'll let you guys know how this works out, im curious cause Ive never messed w/ sprockets on a bike before. Wanted something I could still ride around locally around town but won't be surprised if the highways will be too high reving.

Comment

does everyone here use a rivet type master link? i've always used a dremel tool to cut the chain to length and used a clip type master link. is this bad?

Comment

Originally posted by cpark_12 View Post
            does everyone here use a rivet type master link?

YEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!

drunk

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
            -Robert Morrison

"

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

hmmm...im intersted in seeing how all this works lol. my buddy stunts his f4i and hes running a 58 tooth rear BUT its only a stunt bike, no street use whatsoever.
              sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
              k9 GSX-R 600
              GO VOLS!

Comment

o no, i know what your saying. Haven't done that before but doesn't look to difficult,bought a decent rivet/cut kit for it.
                lol
                You'll still wanna grind the heads off the rivets and use the tool to pop them through .
                Originally posted by cpark_12 View Post
                does everyone here use a rivet type master link? i've always used a dremel tool to cut the chain to length and used a clip type master link. is this bad?
                Originally posted by philwecksr View Post
                YEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!

drunk
                Yeah , I lost TWO clip-type chains , BOTH "professionally" installed . I bought the river kit and do my own now . If you do the clip-types RIGHT , you'll probably be ok . But I don't trust 'em ....
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

alright i will grind them I read that sometime you can break your rivet tool if u dont too

Well still waintin on parts in the mail getting the bike ready, where can I order some screws for the front sprocket cover. One of them has stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post

Yeah , I lost TWO clip-type chains , BOTH "professionally" installed . I bought the river kit and do my own now . If you do the clip-types RIGHT , you'll probably be ok . But I don't trust 'em ....
                    I think clips are fine... if you like... need to ride a few miles to use someone's rivet tool... but when the chain tension is a little loose, they are laughably easy to remove.
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Well still waintin on parts in the mail getting the bike ready, where can I order some screws for the front sprocket cover. One of them has stripped.
                      Lowes ? Home Depot ? As long as you know the length ..... Or if you REALLY must , just have a dealer eat shipping . No sense wasting $6 shipping for a $2 part .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

ah good point, just figured someone on here might have kit for cheap maybe.
                        Well supposed to have everything I need this weekend hopefully to get started

Comment

so here it is.

Its 24 degrees out, windy, and have no garage so too much of a wimp to get started today but hopefully have it on before the weekend comes cause going to be some decent weather.

Comment

Lord that sprocket is huge...

-Robert Morrison

"

Comment

lol
                              should look similar to this on the bike
                              Last edited by Action!Jackson; 03-02-2009, 12:34 PM.

Comment

hope you dont plan on going on the highway

Comment

Working...
                                X