X

speedo gearbox

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo gearbox

i recently had the front wheel off of my bike, and after putting it back on, when riding, the gearbox for the speedo spins and twists the speedo cable at a weird angle causing it to break, i installed a new speedo cable and after 2 days the same thing happened to this one
    why is it moving, and what am i supposed to do to fix this? any help would be greatly appreciated

oh i have a 94 kat 600
    Last edited by dhir69; 10-22-2008, 03:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If the speedo gearbox is spinning, theres something wrong. Either you haven't tightened the axle bolt to the proper torque, Didn't pay attention to the gearbox position while torquing the axle down and thinking it moved, or you have something screwed up with the spacers (in wrong for example)

Heres a blowup of the order of parts for the front. Recheck everything, the speedo box shouldn't move if its on right.
    Last edited by Newbie2it; 10-23-2008, 12:25 AM. Reason: fixed spelling
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

There are two tabs that have to be meshed just right.
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

True on the tabs, but if it was torqued properly, the tabs will mesh on their own LOL, But either way, even if they didn't line them up right, the speedo gearbox, once the axle bolt is torqued down, wont move. Period. Unless the spacers are in wrong or the axle isn't torqued.
        If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
        Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Working...
        X