No announcement yet.
X

tire brands?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the few Dunlops worth considering!

Comment

Just got my motions in a few day ago. (4 days from the time I hit enter on the computer) Just need to ge them mounted up but of course now the weather ddecides to yurn cold and start snowing. Dates on the tires look fine and for $160, if they don't hold up I can always afford to go back and get the pr3's. Of course I'm not going to be hitting the track or tearring up the twisties too aggresivly so they should be ok.
      When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
        The only Dunlops worth considering!
        There ya go, fixed it for you
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I'm currently riding on Q2s (second set) and I can't really fault them. They seem to require minimal time to warm up and seem to be great in either wet or dry conditions.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by hawkins View Post
            What's a q2?
            Dunlop.

Comment

Ill have to look them up

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                I'm currently riding on Q2s (second set) and I can't really fault them. They seem to require minimal time to warm up and seem to be great in either wet or dry conditions.
                +1 I'm running Q2s on the Busa. Great tire with plenty of grip.
                sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
                  +1 I'm running Q2s on the Busa. Great tire with plenty of grip.
                  Yikes, those things are gonna get chewed up pretty quickly.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Back when i was single and did not have kids, i use to ride my Kat very hard. All my friends have GSX-R's and i use to do my best to keep up with them. When i bought new tires, Pirelli Diablos(which i suggest for performance) it made keeping up with the GSX-R's alot easier, now keep in mind my Kat is heavily modified and is fast as hell and handles very nicely. FF many years and now i am married and have kids so i still run Pirelli Diablos but they do not get used like they are intended. I do not ride my Kat like that anymore. Now i just ride and enjoy the scenary, not try to make it blurry. That is my suggestion for a good performance tire.
                    sigpic
                    V/r,
                    Katabaturbo600

Comment

I still have the stock tires on my bike and they are like new. They are too hard and I cannot wait to replace them with some Pilot Road 2's...
                      2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

I have old michelin macadams on my gsxf 600 which I don't like because they have gone hard with age, and now they are squared off. Came with the bike when I bought it. I am now replacing them and will use Maxxis. I have a set of Maxxis (supermax, I think) on my CBF600S and they are great. I know another guy who has them on his Bandit - really likes them. They are regarded here in the UK as a budget tyre but they are fine. If you are going for track days then maybe not, but for everyday riding and an occasional blast they are great value. If you want a softer tyre they do some different compounds (sportmax, I think).
                        Mr H

Comment

I had Metzeler RoadTec Z6 tires for a while and they were great. I just upgraded to the Z8 and they seem to be even better! Metzeler RoadTec tires seem to have the best reviews for both wet and dry roads.

Comment

Tires...

First post since rejoining the site...Hope I get this "posting correct"

I recently wrapped mine with Pirelli Angels:160/60/17 Rears - 120/60/17 Fronts....Outstanding. I felt like I was riding a completely different bike. 143 for Rear/120 for Front from BikeBandit.com.

I unfortunately road for less than 30 miles on them and go figure, nail in rear tire. New one in the mail as I type. As for longevity of them I can only vouch for my friends 600 CBR, which I tried out w the Agels on them, have held up well for the past 3 months and we both ride extremley hard. He rides daily dry and wet. The grip on them is outstanding - Hoping I have the next one on longer than 30 miles to test longevity !! Highly suggest.

Comment

Angels didn't hold up for crap on my Connie. Didn't feel very planted, scetchy in the wet. Wouldn't buy them again.
                              Pics
                              Pics
                              No pics yet
                              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I agree I ran Angels on the Fz6. I was not a huge fan.
                                also imo a 60 series is too low for a big heavy bike. I ran them for 2 years before I switched back. The 70 have the extra give for a smoother ride.
                                98 GSX750F
                                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                                X