No announcement yet.
X

Whats wrong with this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been reading reviews on the motion pro break, press, and riveting tools, and they all say they're unrealiable for bigger 530 chains? anybody got any input?
    Sweet Lincoln's Mullet

Comment

Originally posted by kohnerbownerr View Post
      I've been reading reviews on the motion pro break, press, and riveting tools, and they all say they're unrealiable for bigger 530 chains? anybody got any input?
      Worked fine for the 530 on my old katana.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I think most people would recommend grinding the heads off the pins you plan on pushing. And sorry, I still gotta check if Ive got that tool.

Comment

I've used the MP tool at least a half dozen times on a 530 without problems.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Well, there ya go.
            I've never had a problem with my cheap Stockton tool from cycle gear.

OT a bit, table, do you go through chains like you go through tires?

Comment

which do you guys have experience with?
              this one? [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-CHAIN-RIVET-08-0467/dp/B002KR04CA/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1318347161&sr=8-9"]Amazon.com: Motion Pro CHAIN RIVET TOOL 08-0467: Automotive[/ame]

or this one?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTIO...item4aaef1b29c

and will any tool for an Oring chain work just as well with an Xring chain?
              Last edited by kohnerbownerr; 10-11-2011, 10:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Sweet Lincoln's Mullet

Comment

Originally posted by kmbphoto View Post
                OT a bit, table, do you go through chains like you go through tires?
                Not quite, mainly because the bike that gets the miles doesn't have a chain. But I do have some friends...
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I most recently used a cheap little chain breaker that I got years ago from ebay (looks a lot like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...item415e06c177 ) to break the chain, a bench vise and some washers to press the plate on the master, and a BB with the same bench vise to rivet it.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I just purchased that chain breaker, I do like the idea of trying the vise before I dump $70 into a tool. thanks all
                    Sweet Lincoln's Mullet

Comment

Originally posted by kohnerbownerr View Post
                      I just purchased that chain breaker, I do like the idea of trying the vise before I dump $70 into a tool. thanks all
                      Did you make sure it is for 530 chains?

The vise worked perfectly for me. It deformed the BB, though, so I had to use TWO BB's to get it on.....
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

This is the chain I bought. I normally try to stay away from Ebay on stuff like this, but the seller seemed legit. and I have an abundance of BBs from my BB gun phase years ago, so I'm all set. Whats stronger? steel BBs or Copper? hmmmmm
                        Sweet Lincoln's Mullet

Comment

DID is a good chian.
                          -Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

My bike had the same issue but my problem was I needed a spacer because the PO replaced the crown nut with one off a ball joint off a car this caused the nut to spin loose then touch the cotter pin.

Comment

I know this is an ancient thread but was this problem ever solved?

Comment

Working...
                              X