X

Needle Jet and Jet Holder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needle Jet and Jet Holder

Hey guys, question regarding the attached 2004-2006 750 Carb parts schematic.

I've removed #19 Main Jet from #17 Jet Holder (apparently aka emulsion tube). My question is in the schematic there appears to be another jet (#16 Needle Jet) underneath the Jet Holder. Am I reading the schematic incorrectly? Carbs 102 leads me to believe there are just two pieces and not the #16 Needle Jet.

Right now I have three jets and the emulsion tube, and the schematic shows four. Thanks...

(Click on thumbnail for larger)

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/...oup/CARBURETOR_
    Attached Files

Just for clarification, I'll post what I think is the answer:

After tearing further into the carbs last night, I think that #16 jet is internal to the port the emulsion tube sits in. I saw what looked to be a brass component in the bottom of that port, but I don't think you could remove it without damaging it. Thus not part of a disassembly for cleaning but included in the comprehensive parts schematic.

On a sidenote, I learned that it takes B-12 Chemtool about 10 seconds to separate the bottom from the sides of a disposable plastic cup full of carb jets, leaving a nice gooey mess.

Comment

I have never worked on a post but by looking at a larger diagram, I see an o-ring between #16 and the emulsion tube. It appears to be a guide of sort for the jet needle to emulsion tube. With the o-ring there though, it should be a part that can break down. Have you got the emulsion tubes out? (this will generate someone with post exp to chime in)?
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

I have the emulsion tubes in front of me, and that #18 o-ring is on the emulsion tube between the hex section and the threaded section. I have 17,18, and 19 removed but no 16.

Comment

I just read the carbs 102 and this leads me to think it is in fact a spacer.

*From carbs 102*

You’ll need an 8mm box wrench to remove the bottom half of the emulsion tube. Make sure to
          check the o-ring for cracks! Also, be VERY careful at this point. With the tube out, there is a
          small spacer that the jet rides in. Make sure to knock it out, and put it aside for later (so you don’t
          lose it!).
          Remove the pilot jet, and the slow air jet. Make sure to note the different sizes! The slow air jet
          should be WAY smaller than the main jet!
          (Sometimes these stick in place, so PUSH HARD when you first start to turn)
          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Great point, thanks for posting that. Sounds like #16 is meant to be knocked out. Before I forcefully try to remove it, hopefully somebody with a post can chime in to confirm.

Comment

You were right Kevin, took a little coaxing but I got one of them out. It's a small spacer of a darker metal than the brass jets, looks like stainless steel. Thanks a lot for your help, I would've always wondered about that if I'd gone ahead and reinstalled them.

Comment

Working...
              X