No announcement yet.
X

What do YOU know about fuel injection?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet, I passed emissions! Just had to lean the mixture to 16:1 afr at idle down from 13.5:1 and it passed in 1/5 the time it took to fail the last test. Just gotta go get plates and I'll be on the road for real now!
    The fuel injected Katana project

Comment

• Well now that its legal I have to figure out how to tune it. I think I need an extension USB cable so I can connect the MS to a laptop in a backpack. I have my doubts about autotune working its magic on this, so I might have to use datalogging and have MSTweak look at the logs and make suggestions for new VE table values. Either way I need a way to get the laptop connected to the ms while riding before I start doing high load tuning.

Comment

• What kind of tach signal does the kat use? The megasquirt is giving me a choice between a VR circuit or a Hall/optical/points/etc. sensor? I figured teh second but wanted to make sure...
        None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
        -Robert Morrison

"
        well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

• The signal generator inside the Kat engine is actually a VR signal. To run the MS without any extra parts (HEI, etc) you'll need the VR circuit. You could try running off the tach wire from the CDI, but mine didnt want to read that signal. The voltage never truly hit zero.

If youre still going to try controlling spark as well, the VR signal is the only one on the Kat thats suitable. I need to think about how spark timing is gonna work. The 4 tooth Kat wheel is driven off the crank, not the cam so in reality you have 8 points per cycle. Hopefully you can get the MS to recognize that without modification, but iirc MS needs a wheel with a missing tooth to sync where cyl 1 is. The Katana wheel might work, but instead of missing teeth it has one long tooth. Electrically speaking I don't know what thats going to look like.

Comment

• Thank you, The CyberPoet, now I'll just have to wait and see if there will be one for sale (and if I'm rich enough to buy it )

Comment

Working...
            X