No announcement yet.
X

My Project GSXR PIC HEAVY!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you said small bolts I figured you were looking for non essentials... for the Frame, yeah, I agree with you should go stock, or find equally rated bolts...
    "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• No, meant small as in...They're actually small. Some are slightly important.
      sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
      2004 Katana 600 - Gone
      2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• So, my Pilot Power 2CT's are on their way. Left side clip-on is ON the bike, I -SHOULD- be sending the fairings and tank in for paint by this weekend. Only a few more things to do!!!
        sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
        2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• The bike is at the fab shop now. I'll be picking it up BY Wednesday. It's getting the rearset bolt hole welded on. Can't wait to see how it turned out. My REAR PP2CT showed up yesterday, the front will be here Monday, along with my new tail fairing. Should be ordering my main fairing stay within the next couple weeks, along with a set of mirrors. The PAINT... *sigh*, paint guy is diddly ****ing around, don't know WHEN I'll get those things done.

Cleaned and painted crank case cover. Sadly, no "before" picture...Sorry.

New skin for the rear:
          Last edited by Pa Kat; 04-05-2012, 01:06 PM.
          sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
          2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• Okay, so, I missed a UPS delivery yesterday(signature required), I get a note stating they'll try again tomorrow(today) between 10:30-2:00. I wait at home all day. 6:45 comes and the truck pulls in. After stating my displeasure with the misleading note, I let the UPS driver go on his way. Then I started working on the undertail that came in the huge box he'd dropped off. I'll have more pictures as I make more progress on it. But...Here it is:

I'm trying to think of how I want to integrate the turn signals into this:

It LOOKS black, but it's actually "chrome":

It's pretty chipped up, but all in all in pretty ****ed good condition considering I only paid $83.00 shipped for that AND the entire tail fairing that has only a single crack in it.

Mirrors will be here tomorrow, both my PP 2CT's are here, I'll have them mounted and balanced RIGHT before it's ready for inspection. Still have to buy the main fairing stay, some frame sliders and figure out what to do about the rear turn signals. Tank is sanded down with 120 grit, just patching up what the PO messed up with a quart of Bondo. After that, I'm ready for paint!!!
            sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
            2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• This is going to have a happy ending. .
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

• Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                This is going to have a happy ending. .
                I'm hoping so!

I think I'm going to get these turn signals and add some fiberglass into the under tail to "integrate" them. I'll probably keep the same basic shape of the signals, but kind of smooth it out so they don't stick out QUITE as much. No more on the height, that's for sure. Just kind of smooth out the sides a bit to kind of blend like the tail lights.

Thoughts?
                sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• Can you find/make clear lenses for the lights that are already in the undertail, than it would just be a matter of wiring some amber leds in and you would be good to go

Comment

• Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
                    Can you find/make clear lenses for the lights that are already in the undertail, than it would just be a matter of wiring some amber leds in and you would be good to go
                    Probably, but I don't want the turns integrated in with the same lenses as the brake lights. I want them to be on their own lenses.
                    sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                    2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• So, I picked up the GSXR from the fab shop. Turns out, it LOOKS like they had their new guy do the work. I'm not overly upset, the rearset bolt hole won't be seen anyway. Though, there was a little dent in the frame I wanted filled...THAT one, I'm not happy about. I'll save you all the pain of looking at THAT, and say that the frame will most likely get painted.

So here's the rearset tab they welded on for me.

This is how I picked it up:

After a little grinding, I drilled the hole and realized that there could be just a BIT more aluminum on there:

So, yeah. That's what I have going on right now. I do believe the rearset tab will work out just fine, which was the MAIN thing I needed done. Just wish I'd have left the small dent in the frame.
                      sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                      2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Pa Kat View Post
                        I'm hoping so!

I think I'm going to get these turn signals and add some fiberglass into the under tail to "integrate" them. I'll probably keep the same basic shape of the signals, but kind of smooth it out so they don't stick out QUITE as much. No more on the height, that's for sure. Just kind of smooth out the sides a bit to kind of blend like the tail lights.

Thoughts?
                        I think maybe these would look good hanging upside down at the outside bottom of the tail and a few inches more forward. Kinda like the concept of the thunderace but more underneath.
                        Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
                          I think maybe these would look good hanging upside down at the outside bottom of the tail and a few inches more forward. Kinda like the concept of the thunderace but more underneath.
                          I'm pretty sure I know EXACTLY what you're talking about, as I was thinking the same sort of idea. Hoping that everything with the fiberglass goes well. With the bike showing back up, I'm getting "gitty" with excitement that it's almost done.
                          sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                          2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• Okay, so fine...Here's the mess with the dent in the frame:

This is how it looked when I brought it home from the fab shop, hit it with the grinder for a second:

Grinded, sanded, then wiped clean...WOOPS!!!:

This is the ABSOLUTE best I could get it:

Which is why I'm considering the black frame. Kind of like the look of cintidude04's GSXR frame.
                            sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                            2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• try re-filling the low spots with that alumiweld stuff might give you a new base to sand down and make it even with the rest of it. Kind of like they do with lead when they restore cars

Comment

• Even though it takes a little more talent to weld aluminum right, I would've thought a shop would want to do at least a decent job since their name is on it....
                                1992- project katfighter
                                2005- GSXR750
                                2001- TL1000R
                                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                                www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                                KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                                KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...
                                X