X

Bar riser/Handlebar conversion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar riser/Handlebar conversion

Had a good first ride on the new bike today and i think i want risers. I'm used to straight bar bikes. I ride alot of dirt bikes too and it's been a while since i rode s sports style bike.
    I like the bike alot so far but feel i could be more comfy. I have an injury and i wonder how long i'd be able to ride in this position before it aches.

I did a bit of googling and came across the spiegler lsl handlebar conversion.
    Have many of you fitted this? If so how have you found it?
    I saw the risers at soupyperformance but i don't think that would do it for me.
    I don't really want to start drilling and messing about with the standard yoke, i would feel safer with a ready made kit then it's all reversible too.

As i'm in Canada is there any retailers of the LSL kit here or is it USA/Overseas only order in?
    thanks
    2006 GSX750F
    2009 KTM 950 Super Enduro

Try using the google site search. I know there's a few people that have mentioned using them before. I raised my 600 bars by putting in 750 upper triple. Only about 1" rise but still nice. I could ride 6 hours at a stretch but be pretty sore. Higher bars, soreness gone. I've done a couple ~450 mile days and been totally fine.
    I wouldn't mind if they were higher yet, and had a slight pullback, so at some point I'm going to switch to renthals. I drill/tap things all the time so I'm not worried about that.

That reminds me, sometime in the last maybe month someone installed bar risers more like renthals but didn't have to drill anything, just find an appropriate sized bushing. Sorry, don't recall who it was but maybe someone will see this who does
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

i did do a bit of reading old threads on here and nothing jumped out at me. I'm sure to have a top piece custom made would be no cheaper than getting the lsl kit.
      I'd like to see some pics/reviews of the lsl kit on a katana but i can only find it on other bikes.
      Had a good ride out on it today and i'm getting more and more used to it the more i ride. Just from my experience with my other bikes i know if i had a more upright position i'd be more at home on this and could have some fun with it.
      2006 GSX750F

Comment

Am i right that the diy mod people have done involves removing top plate and fitting risers to the plate underneath? Does that mean you lose the anti vibration rubber that are there?
        2006 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by SamB View Post
          Am i right that the diy mod people have done involves removing top plate and fitting risers to the plate underneath? Does that mean you lose the anti vibration rubber that are there?
          I raised the mounting plate on my 750 with Soupy's spacers. Still have vibration dampening.
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I have a LSL kit for Katana in my basement, never felt the need for it.
            PM if interested, sell for a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by "K" View Post
              I have a LSL kit for Katana in my basement, never felt the need for it.
              PM if interested, sell for a good price.
              pm sent

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
              I raised the mounting plate on my 750 with Soupy's spacers. Still have vibration dampening.
              Sorry i didn't explain very well. The "mod" i meant was when the top plate was removed permanently and straight bars were fitted using a riser like this

but this surely leaves two holes open as the risers only use 1 hole either side.

Did a 200km ride today and getting more used to the bike. I really like it. Handles well enough for me. But i did have neck and shoulder ache. I did smash my self up when i was younger so get ache from time to time. I think a more upright position would help no end.
              Last edited by SamB; 10-07-2015, 07:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              2006 GSX750F

Comment

Wouldn't something like this work?

I've been looking at risers as well for the Kat 750 and thought this would be the simplest fix...

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Calkat88 View Post
                  I want those. Heard good things about them.
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

Comment

Can someone answer me a quick question please.
                    The four mounting holes on the very top plate of the 750 (mines an 06) are they in the same position as the earlier bikes pre 03? do the holes line up the same?
                    here s my 06
                    2006 GSX750F

Comment

Not sure. I know that when I swapped from a 600 upper triple to a 750 one, the only compatible years are 03-06. I'm not sure exactly what the differences are though. 'Junker or Krey (haven't seen him around lately though) would likely know.
                      1998 Katana 750
                      1992 Katana 1100
                      2006 Ninja 250

Comment

just tried this handy site
                        ronayers.com pretty helpful to match part no.s
                        2006 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                        X