Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Stealership Problems... The Letter (Looooooong Again)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealership Problems... The Letter (Looooooong Again)

Here is the letter that I will be sending to Suzuki USA Corp, the manager of Hub City, and if I can find out, the District Manager. Please let me know what you think, any corrections that could be made or any recommendations. Thank you all again. It will be interesting to see what comes of this.
    Nik

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to you today concerning the business transaction that I had with one of the Suzuki dealerships. The dealership that I was doing business with was Hub City Suzuki in Lubbock, Texas. I brought the bike, a 1988 GSX600F Katana Model J, into the dealership after I had lost the oil drain plug while driving it on the street. This letter is not in reference to that incidence; I had just purchased the bike prior to that happening and I had killed the bike prior to causing any engine damage. It was when I brought the bike to the shop is when I began to have problems. On top of wanting to go ahead and do an oil change, the service manager at that time (I apologize I did not get his name) discussed doing a full service to adjust the valves with the oil change. In addition to this work, I asked them to change magneto cover gasket which had been leaking, install a K&N Filter, NGK spark plugs, swap oil pans, and swap exhaust. So I left the bike with them with a clear understanding of what was to be done and the charges I was to incur this was during the first week of September. When I dropped the bike off, I was informed of a two-week wait till they could get to my bike. Understandable, seeing that they are a very busy shop. The two weeks went by and I had not heard anything so I stopped by only to be informed that it would be another week till they could get to it due to them losing the Service Manager. Again, I let the time go by and after a week inquired about the status of my bike and nothing had been done to my bike. I was told this time that it would be next to get worked on, and in fact it was. They disassembled the factory exhaust and removed the factory oil pan. Mid-week I received a phone call notifying me that I was in need of a new oil pickup to work with the new oil pan. The parts were ordered and I paid the extra costs to have them shipped overnight. It is now the end of September. Of the seven or so parts that were ordered, all but the main part arrived the next day. When Parts Department checked their records, they could find no reasons why the part was not there when it should be. They moved my bike outside to clear the bay while we waited for the part. The following week arrived and still no part. Justin McBride, Parts Manager, informed me that it should be there by the end of the week and went ahead and discounted me on the shipping because of the problem. I very much thank him for that; it was something that I did not ask for. Great customer service from him. Now we are two weeks into October and still waiting for a part. I stopped by again the following week and now I am told something very surprising, the mechanic who was working on my bike quit; but while leaving he left with some of my parts. The new service manager informed me that they would cover any missing parts and that I “would not get charged shipping again.” We went thru all my parts and found everything that was purchased or brought in so I am unsure of what parts were taken. It was also during this time that the oil pickup finally showed up. As before, the bike sat a week before someone got back to work on it. When inquiring why it was taking so long, I was told that the “premium service customers get placed ahead of everyone else.” I am upset that I am having to wait a month and three weeks to get work done, but someone can drop off their bike and it gets worked on right away. It is now the last week in October, and I get another call. The oil pickup is the wrong part and that they went ahead and ordered the correct part. I asked if they had it shipped overnight, I was told that they did not and it would be till the next week that it would be in. I am very upset at this point. I asked them to place the old parts back on the bike and the new air filter and spark plugs at 2:00pm on November 4. I received a phone call about 5:30pm that same day saying the bike is ready to go. I asked the service manager if they had installed the air filter and the plugs along with putting it back together. He informed that they had installed those parts along with the original items that were on the bike. I rush to the shop and in fact the bike is complete and running. When I go to get my parts that I had brought in for the swap, there laid the K&N filter and NGK plugs that I was told less than ten minutes ago were installed on the bike. I have to say that the magneto cover gasket was swapped out and no longer leaking. I cannot express the dissatisfaction that I have dealt with while dealing with the Service Department at Hub City Suzuki. I will continue to buy Suzuki parts from them but I will not let them work on my bike again. Thank you for your time in reading my letter.
    88 Katana GSX600F, 19k miles, Total Custom- Soon to be revealed!!!!!!!

You might want to break that up into a few paragraphs rather than one Huge one.
    Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
      You might want to break that up into a few paragraphs rather than one Huge one.
      +1

And make sure that you use a formal business format.

Comment

The content seems fine, just format it a little clearer.

Comment

Re: Stealership Problems... The Letter (Looooooong Again)

Originally posted by HOw about this?
          To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to you today concerning a problem I had with Hub City Suzuki in Lubbock, Texas. I brought my 1988 GSX600F Katana Model J, to the dealership for service. In an incedent unrelated to Hub City I had lost the oil drain plug while riding.

I brought the motorcycle to Hub City for repair of the plug.
          The service manager at that time (I did not get his name) discussed with me doing a full service; adjust the valves and oil change. In addition to this work, I asked them to change magneto cover gasket which had been leaking, install a K&N Filter, NGK spark plugs, swap oil pans, and swap exhaust. So I left the bike with them with a clear understanding of what was to be done and the charges I was to incur. This was the first week of September, I was informed at that time of a two-week wait before sevice could begin on my motorcycle. I understood as it seemed like a busy shop.

The two weeks went by and I had not been updated so I stopped by, I was informed that it would be another week till they could get to it due to them losing the Service Manager. I let the time go by and after a week inquired about the status of my bike and was informed no work had been done. I was told that it would be next to get worked on, and it was. They disassembled the factory exhaust and removed the factory oil pan. Mid-week I received a phone call notifying me that I was in need of a new oil pickup to work with the new oil pan. The parts were ordered and I paid the extra costs to have them shipped overnight. It is now the end of September. Of the seven or so parts that were ordered, all but the main part arrived the next day. When Parts Department checked their records, they could find no reasons why the part was not there when it should be. They moved my bike outside to clear the bay while waiting for the part.

The following week arrived and still no part. Justin McBride, Parts Manager, informed me that it should be there by the end of the week and went ahead and discounted me on the shipping because of the problem. I recived good customer service from him.

Two weeks into October and all parts have not arrived. I stopped by again the following week and was told something very surprising, the mechanic who was working on my bike quit; but while leaving he left with some of my parts. The new service manager informed me that they would cover any missing parts and that I “would not get charged shipping again.” We went through all my parts and found everything that was purchased or brought in so I am unsure of what parts were taken. It was also during this time that the remaining parts finally arrived. As before, the bike sat a week before someone got back to work on it. When inquiring why it was taking so long, I was told that the “premium service customers get placed ahead of everyone else.” It is wrong that I am having to wait a month and three weeks to get work done, but someone can drop off their bike and it get service right away.

The last week in October, I got another call. The oil pickup is the wrong part and that they went ahead and ordered the correct part. I asked if they had it shipped overnight, I was told that they did not and it would be till the next week that it would be in. I am very upset at this point. I had origionally paid for overnight shipping and these delays were the dealerships, not mine. I asked them to place the old parts back on the bike and the new air filter and spark plugs at 2:00pm on November 4. I received a phone call about 5:30pm that same day saying the motocycle was ready. I asked the service manager if they had installed the air filter and the plugs along with putting it back together. He informed that they had installed those parts along with the original items that were on the bike. When I arrived the bike is complete and running. When I asked for the parts I had supplied the K&N filter and NGK plugs that I was told less than ten minutes ago were installed on the bike were with them. It appears that the magneto cover gasket was changed as it is no longer leaking.

I cannot express the dissatisfaction with the Service Department at Hub City Suzuki. I may be forced continue to buy Suzuki parts as it is the only nearby location however I will not let them work on my bike again.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Comment

Never appologise for what you didn't do!
            (getting the first service managers name)
            This isn't your job! You in fact should have been given his card..

Never thank someone for something they must do!
            (read your letter)
            However do thank them in advance for what you have implied.. This says "Of course you agree with me.. Now lets here how many a$$es you are going to kick.. Oh and I know you will call/write back!"

I removed some passive comments..
            In a situation like this "we" didn't do jack..
            THEY screwed you over!
            Also you need to be firm about this shipping thing..
            You paid for fast shipping.. the dealership f'ed up they should have overnighted the parts even if you didn't.. Since you overnighted them then they f'ed up they should have set the "way back machine" to get the parts the same time your came in!

Remember not only didn't they do the work you contracted them to do..
            They made you loose a lot of time!

Comment

Thank you for editing the letter, I would agree with you with being to passive. And it flows a lot better with the breaks. But not only did I lose time but also money, since I was forced to drive my gas eating Jeep (12 mpg) to school everyday.

TZORTN- what is business format?

Thanks all for your help!
              Nik

Comment

Let us know how this turns out!!!
                An Ole man once said:"It is better to be thought a fool because of silence, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Comment

I sure will!
                  Nik

Comment

That experience really sucks, the lesson is: "If you want something done, Do it yourself."
                    Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyMedic
                      TZORTN- what is business format?
                      Here are some links that will explain the format.

The University of Wisconsin is a top-ranked research institution located in Madison, Wisconsin, providing exceptional education opportunities to undergraduates, graduate and professional students.

Good luck

Comment

Cool thanks, that is the format it is already in, I just obmitted it so that way no one shows up at my door trying to pull a Wenzel.... hehe

Comment

Working...
                        X