X

I just saved a bunch on my gas bill!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just saved a bunch on my gas bill!

I am just about to hit the 10,000 mile mark on my Kat. This was done in the last 9 months. With the Kat getting around 50mpg, that is 200 gallons of gas this year. If I had put the 10,000 miles on my Jeep which gets 17mpg, that 588 gallons. With the price of gas this year, I save a bunch. If I figure the savings, I am probably paying very little for my bike each month. I am making the payment with the money saved from driving it.

I love my Kat.

I saved a bunch of gas money this summer by commuting on the kat too. Then I factored in all the "extra" rides I took, and all the times I took the long way to/from work/wherever, and figured I'm about even if not worse off (gas savings) owning it.

Comment

Yeah I'm on the road more also with a bike, but I look at it in terms of cheap entertainment. If I wasn't out riding, I'd be spending more doing something else. Me and some buddies can get together on a friday night, fill up the tanks, and go ride all night. That's a lot less considering other weekend entertainment options, and a lot more fun.
      '01 TL1000R

Comment

Well , my car gets better milage than my bike (near 40 versus 35 or so) , AND my bike takes at LEAST 93 (according to Wiseco) , whereas my car likes 87 . So .....
        SCREW YOU GUYS !!!
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Gas prices seem to be coming down nicely just about everywhere..but even still, I'll take my bike anytime over 4 wheels if its at all possible.

Comment

The money I save by commuting is easily lost on all the rides I go on during the summer
            Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I bought my Kat specifically for my 70 mile round trip commute. I very seldom ride it "for fun" and will usually ride anywhere I can drive if I'm not taking the wife and/or kids.
              2001 Suzuki Katana 600 ... Bone Stock

Comment

I just saved 15% on my car insurance by switching to Geico......err wait what were we talking about?
                Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
                fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
                fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
                girls = yammah
                yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

I wondered how long it would take somebody to do that.
                  2001 Suzuki Katana 600 ... Bone Stock

Comment

hey Katana1215, is your little video in your sig REAL!?!? Thats hilarious!

Ontopic: How many of you are gonna ride in the Winter and is it ok to ride the Katana in weather below 50 degrees? (engine wise)
                    '01 Black Kat 600

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix_Rising
                      I just saved 15% on my car insurance by switching to Geico......err wait what were we talking about?
                      I didnt, I called them and they were 20% more than progressive.. for me atleast

Comment

Working...
                      X