X

a bit of genetic engineering going on methinks!*PICS/POLL*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a bit of genetic engineering going on methinks!*PICS/POLL*

i had my mother of all people go by my house today, to take some pics of the kat as it sits, and as how its been sitting for a couple of months now... and here they are....

****EDIT!! ive added a poll, to help me decide on a color!! lol****

parts list include 2003 hayabusa subframe, 2001 yamaha R1 swing arm and rear wheel etc...

i have a 03 gsxr1000 shock to go on the beast, but 1st i have to make up a custom suspension linkage and shock mount.

and im looking for a set of R1 rearsets to go on the beast too!

cheers.joe.
    yellow
    0%
    red
    0%
    blue
    0%
    black
    0%

wow, if I can envision the final product from those 2 pics, half as much as you can... I cannot WAIT to see this beast !!

Comment

About time!!!
      You mom took the pics???
      I guess she knew we were wondering if you were
      for real!!!

Looks like monster!

Comment

Being a moto-crosser, I love the handlebar set-up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
          About time!!!
          You mom took the pics???
          I guess she knew we were wondering if you were
          for real!!!

Looks like monster!

yes my mum took the pics lol! i have only been home a total of 2 weeks in the past couple of months, work just keeps taking me away. grrrrr and when i am home the last thing i can do is work on the kat. apparently my lawn is 2 foot high in some places

imum and dad were over my place today, dad had to use the welder on his trailer, so i asked mum to take some shots and email them to me.

im seriously thinking about taking some time off work to get cracking on this beast, its been far too long, and i really only need a 4 or so weeks to get the baulk of it done, as i have all the parts here ready to go except for the rear sets and the racer cowl for the hayabusa tail. let the madness begin!!

cheers.joe.

Comment

Nice forks! Serious Joe, looking great...looking forward to you getting back home to get some time in on the bodywork amd the engine tuning. How was fitting thr R1 arm...know a person that put on into a oil cooled gsxr and said it was a bit of a nightmare. Keep up the awesome work!

Matthew

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
              Nice forks! Serious Joe, looking great...looking forward to you getting back home to get some time in on the bodywork amd the engine tuning. How was fitting thr R1 arm...know a person that put on into a oil cooled gsxr and said it was a bit of a nightmare. Keep up the awesome work!

Matthew
              lol yeah it is a nightmare!!!

nothing matches up, nothing slots in lol!!

swing arm needed machining accross its pivot width. i had to move both bearing assemblies in to slot into the kat frame, i decided to make up sleaves to sit in the bearings so as to retain the standard 15mm swing arm pivot bolt from the kat, as i didnt want to drill out the main frame and posibly weaken it. also the kat frame is too narrow to accept the swingarm, so ya have to brutalise it with a grinder(still havent quite finalised that!), the rear shock in an r1 sits deadset verticly, unlike the gsxf which slants forwards abit, so custom mounts and linkages are needed too!

people ask why i chose the r1 swingarm if its so much work... well thats the point.. its a challenge that needs to be conquered!

cheers.joe.

Comment

Mofo, I hope the pics I sent helped. If I had known you were going to go that deep into it I would have pulled off the rear plastics. Looks fantastic! I forgot, what engine are you putting in that beast, Busa or 1100? Can't wait to see the race cowl.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
                  Mofo, I hope the pics I sent helped. If I had known you were going to go that deep into it I would have pulled off the rear plastics. Looks fantastic! I forgot, what engine are you putting in that beast, Busa or 1100? Can't wait to see the race cowl.

yeah they were a very big help, thanks so much for them .
                  i had managed to find another pic on the net of a busa with no fairings on it, and that also helped out.

the engine at the moment will remain the 750cc kat engine. but there is a garret gt17 turbo to be fitted up yet. personlly i think there isnt a need to go for the 1127/b12 option,the added weight of a larger engine is something i dont like, i will get better weight distribution and have a relatively lightweight kat still going with the turbo option. and having it properly set up, many turbo drawbacks , just dont appear!

may in the near future investigate the merits of the 813cc kit.

cheers.joe.

Comment

this was what inspired it all.. a 20 min muck around session on photoshop (and yes.. i suck at it :P)

cheers.joe.
                    Attached Files

Comment

how in the world are you going to get the chain to line up ?

tim

Comment

Originally posted by crazymofo
                        this was what inspired it all.. a 20 min muck around session on photoshop (and yes.. i suck at it :P)
                        cheers.joe.
                        Its ok Joe, i always wanted to see a picture like that.
                        Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

heres some more pics!

ive got this week off work wooohoooooo! so now, its time to get into some serious work done on the kat. anyways.. heres the latest update.

cheers.joe.

Comment

Mannnn, looking forward to that unique project, looks awesome, i hope it comes out just fine.
                            Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

So Joe...did you ever decide whether or not you're sticking with modding the plastic or going CF. Looking great BTW...give me a complete side view ya tease. Have fun on your time off, I know you've been looking forward to gettin back at it!

Comment

Working...
                              X