X

The Cost of Riding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cost of Riding

why dose it gotta cost so much to get your "M" drivers permit in canada..

M1 = 35$ not a full license
    M2 = 399$ plus must wait 90 days from geting "M1" (still don't have your permit yet)
    M - 365$ must wait 18 months from getting "M2" finnaly after 2 years and over 800$ later u can drive your bike unrestricted..

all to make driving a motorcycle safer... not likly.. just a cash grab
    C A R P E D I E M ..... live life for the moment it could be your last..

It's time we started a revolution to overthrow the government. Anyone got some pitchforks and torches?
    Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Don't feel too sorry for yourself :P

My license cost me ~1400$ USD all total and it's still only 'on probation' for 3 years

Then there's the 8K $ Kat.. the 700$ gear... the 450$/y mandatory liability insurrance(forget theft and accident) the 6$/gal gas... yeah Denmark is a nice country Ho Humm...
      -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

Now I'm pretty sure that the $399 is for the msf course right? If that is the case you don't need to take the course and the test at the ministry will be cheaper. That being said, I did the course and it was a blast. It is a bit expensive, but it was well worth the money. As for the $365 that is also put on by the msf to get you your full M right? If so wouldn't you rather have a fellow rider testing you than some gov't person?

Comment

That must be different in Ontario. Because just to get an 'M' endorsement on your license you just need to write your learners ($10) and then go in for a test (I think $20).

But as others have recommended I think a motorcycle safety course would be great for beginners. I unfortunately didn't know of such a thing when I bought my first bike 10+ years ago but wouldn't mind taking it just as a refresher.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver
            That must be different in Ontario. Because just to get an 'M' endorsement on your license you just need to write your learners ($10) and then go in for a test (I think $20).

But as others have recommended I think a motorcycle safety course would be great for beginners. I unfortunately didn't know of such a thing when I bought my first bike 10+ years ago but wouldn't mind taking it just as a refresher.
            bah...you don't need any msf couse out there. it's all flat and straight. you don't have curves....you have intersections every 72 miles. what are you going to hit? a prarie dog? ouch! (just kidding)

it must have went up here recently cuz katman05 mantioned it being $700 and something. My licence with the course cost me right around $500....and I didn't need to ride with anyone who was fully licensed. Of course I thought to pick up my learners permit in november, that way my 7 months (that is what it is here) was over when I started my course...so as soon as I was done I skipped the whole "need a licensed drive to accompany me" thing. But even than, it would not have stopped me from riding alone. I had been riding over 15 years before they made me take the course...the bastards.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

wow thats crazy. It cost me about 65 total to get mine. Thats including MSF and the cost to get a new license
              Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Working...
              X